Poweramp
Sign in to follow this  
Kakashi

FLAC & 0 kbps

I just ripped a BluRay with Handbrake (FLAC 24-bit 48 kHz) and then split the chapters with ffmpeg. The files play fine on all my PC players, but Poweramp reports them as 0 kbps and skips every single file.

MediaInfo.txt

Sounds like the appropriate header info that PA is looking for isn't being added back when you split the file into segments. Does the original large FLAC play OK?

You may want to give the alpha-test of PA v3 a try, as that uses a completely new audio engine. As always, backup Settings and internal Playlists before trying though.

Andre

Well, the original stream was in a Mastroska container. I've used Vorbis tags with EasyTAG, so I don't understand why there are no headers.

I'll try backing up the settings and upgrading to see if it fixes the issue. Thanks for the advice.

Well, it still reports them as 0 kbps, but it certainly plays them, now! Thanks!

EDIT: That was before it finished scanning. Now the folder doesn't show in the folders section at all.

Edited by Kakashi
Because circumstances changed.

I think Vorbis tags are readable, but you might want to try creating a file with ID3 tags and see if that helps? I use TagScanner, but there are others like MP3tag etc.

Andre

Do you want to re-encode them, I assumed you wanted to just crop/remux them? Mind you, FLAC to an editor and then back to FLAC should stay lossless.

I don't know how to add headers, so I figure re-encoding is easier. The script supports metadata, so let's see how it goes.

OK, these re-encoded files seem to have correct headers. Now I just need to work what I did wrong in the first place so I don't do it next time.

Sorry to take up your time.