Poweramp deletes new tracks

elButz

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm in the right sub forum, I'm using version 2.0.10 build 588 on a HTC One M8 on Android 6.0.

I've been using Poweramp exclusively for the last 5 years on multiple devices without problems but now, if I add new tracks to the only folder the app is set to scan for music in, it recognizes the tracks, then doesn't load the tags, hangs and after a restart of either the app or the phone my tracks are deleted from the folder.

I use AIFF files exclusively, some with .aif, some with .aiff endings depending on where I bought them. Audio quality ranges between 16/44.1 to 24/96.

This is not exclusive to the files I chose to add, it behaves like this for any new track that I add.

Poweramp is set to read the files from my 128GB micro SD/XC I (sanDisk Ultra with a 10 in a circle on it). My library consists now 794 tracks, of which I can't add the latest 5 to the app. I used to have about 4500+ MP3's before switching to lossless with roughly 60GB used storage.

Earlier today I reset my phone completely (Poweramp runs on internal storage) with the microSD card removed. Also I just tested the Alpha build (704) from the downloads section but it behaves the same way. The only thing in my power I could think of doing is formatting the microSD which I'm not keen on doing.

Regards

Johannes

Poweramp should not be able to delete the physical files from your device unless you  ask it to (and confirm that action). I can't see why Android would do so if either the device or an app crashed with a file open either, as any files would be opened for read access only.

Does this happen with other file formats? AIFF may be a bit obscure on Android devices (it's an Apple Mac format) but I can't see why it should be treated any differently to MP3 or FLAC etc. Also does it happen if you store some sample files on internal device storage as a test. If so then an SD Card reformat might help (I assume your device is rated for 128GB cards by the way, not all are). You could try FAT32 format instead of exFAT too, as some kernels don't support exFAT so well.

Andre

Hi Andre, thank you for your fast response,

my situation wasn't really affected by any of your suggestions and none of my tests that always worked, so I decided to format it. With the phone's native utility it completed in no time but the 90GB remained full. I can't format the card, tried the phone multiple times, my mac and even my DSLR, none of the devices was able to format it.

So from what I found out by doing one google search is that apparently my SD went into a safety state with write protection and is basically toast. My files were never properly on it, only the programs showed they were there and seemingly then the SD locked up. Maybe this caused the misbehavior if Poweramp...

I'm currently reactivating my 64GB card and will post an update on my status once completed...

Johannes

Archived