Status bar notification issue with Android 8.1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, xtc29 said:

Sucks to see no updates had been rolled out to address the 8.1 issues. With a heavy heart I've left some bad reviews about possibly the best app I've had on my devices for years. Now looking for alternatives, Google Play Music is load of crap. Any recommendations are welcome! 

6 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

The PA app does work in 8.1, however there are issues with the separate status bar notification for which a temporary solution has been developed until the main app is updated to v3.

Andre

Poweramp works, but the notification bar problem is known issue since December.

Why is there a temporary solution? Fix it!

The player I'm using currently works just fine in the notification bar. 

Emailing the developer does no good, so I keep warning everyone. Maybe someday a fix it update will happen.

34 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

The PA app does work in 8.1, however there are issues with the separate status bar notification for which a temporary solution has been developed until the main app is updated to v3.

Andre

I have been reading the forums since 2 months and the fix you've come up with works janky to say the least. Also I did not pay 20 Saudi Riyals to fix stuff the developer should work on once he was made aware by our posts. Least you could do is release a hotfix addressing the issue!

1 minute ago, xtc29 said:

I have been reading the forums since 2 months and the fix you've come up with works janky to say the least. Also I did not pay 20 Saudi Riyals to fix stuff the developer should work on once he was made aware by our posts. Least you could do is release a hotfix addressing the issue!

^What he said^

As stated, the core app does work in 8.1, it's only the separate status notification box which Google broke with their Oreo 8.1 release. This is why the PA dev did not consider this to be a 'critical' app issue when it was raised with him a couple of months ago. He has said that the existing v2 branch of Poweramp will likely not be updated beyond compatibility with Android 4.x, as he now considers it as being a legacy product for users of older versions of Android (since the release version of PA v3 will require Android 5 or above).

As has also been stated, Google's 8.1 changes will indeed be worked around in the next release of v3 beta and the status bar notifications will function normally, but unfortunately there is no confirmed timescale for that release as the required user interface work is taking considerably longer than originally predicted.

I'm sorry if that's not the answer you want, but I'm afraid it's the only one I can give you at this point. 

Andre

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

As stated, the core app does work in 8.1, it's only the separate status notification box which Google broke with their Oreo 8.1 release. This is why the PA dev did not consider this to be a 'critical' app issue when it was raised with him a couple of months ago. He has said that the existing v2 branch of Poweramp will likely not be updated beyond compatibility with Android 4.x, as he now considers it as being a legacy product for users of older versions of Android (since the release version of PA v3 will require Android 5 or above).

As has also been stated, Google's 8.1 changes will indeed be worked around in the next release of v3 beta and the status bar notifications will function normally, but unfortunately there is no confirmed timescale for that release as the required user interface work is taking considerably longer than originally predicted.

I'm sorry if that's not the answer you want, but I'm afraid it's the only one I can give you at this point. 

Andre

And as I have stated, you don't blame the operating system for the developers lack of support and updates.

Neither version 2 or the beta version 3 have fixed this problem. Neither have been updated for so long that it's obvious the developer can't keep up with the changes in Android.

I see the developer skiing people to email him there problems in the Play store on a daily basis, and yet he doesn't fix it, but still takes the money from them.

Andre, your quite the cheerleader for the developer, but since your not him, how about supporting the users of the app and help get it fixed, instead of deflecting the complaints by blaming Google.

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

Blaming Google won't help. Hell most of the devs gets on their respective apps to adapt and improvise over the newest changes Google brings with every major update. Xposed for Oreo was being worked upon when 8.0 didn't even drop. I see substratum developers developing/updating their work and pushing out hotfix releases every time Google changes something. The fact that PA hasn't been updated in almost 2 years tells me that I should now move on & stop looking here for fixes or updates. Lastly I'd like to thank @wasatchbl1 for recommending AIMP which has now replaced PA for me.

As I said, I have raised this with the developer and his response was that he is aware of the issue and that it most likely will NOT be fixed via v2 builds. However it should be fixed in the next v3 beta release. He regards it as a relatively non-critical bug as it does not affect operation of the main app, not does it affect any Android version except for 8.1.

As further argument is thus futile unless Max changes his mind, I'm going to close this thread.  

Andre

Archived