Sign in to follow this  
gd89

Headset button not working

I have a Panasonic headset for my OnePlus 5 phone. However, the headset button does not work when I reconnect the headset after some time since the last disconnect. I have activated the headset button option, as well as wakelock and keep awake features. I have also locked the app to prevent from killing it. The high priority feature also does not help. Kindly advise.

When it is in the background/dormant. But then the button also does not work when the app is launched. I have to manually 'uncheck' and 'check' the headset button option

Sounds like the phone is doing something to kill the service that handles button interaction, which unless Poweramp is aware of it assumes is still working (hence turning it off and on again solves the issue for the time being). Have you asked in a OnePlus forum if they know why it is doing this?

Andre

@andrewilley Can you tell me what the service is called? Maybe I can try 'force enabling' it. Meanwhile I will also check on OnePlus forums. Do you think upgrading the PA v3 would help resolve this?

It's worth a try upgrading to V3, although I don't think much is different in that area of the code. You'll need to at some point anyway as v2 will no longer receive updates.

Andre