Poweramp

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. geraldoneill100

Audio problem

hi. i have a galaxy s5 kernel 3.4.0-14131106. i find i cannot play anything without distortion unless i use eq with all settings on minimum. adjusted everything including number of volume levels and dvc but nothing really helps. the new app awesome and nice and loud and playlists working great. thank you. only issue is eq. if the minimum setting was actually 50 % or even 75 % meaning one could adjust all sliders to well below the current minimum it would be perfect. thanks v much. Gerald.
  3. escenkay

Low Volume After A Call

Build: v3 841 Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Snapdragon) Android Version: Pie Rom: Stock Hello, I tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything related to the issue I have been having. I use a variation of Samsung Gear Icon X (2018), Galaxy Buds, & a bluetooth adapter in my car to listen to music via bluetooth (max volume on phone, control manual volume on the earbuds or car stereo themselves) with the Hi-Res Output setting (DVC on, no duck enabled) and when I receive a call and talk for bit and hang up the music continues but at a considerably lower volume. Trying to increase the volume doesn't put the volume levels back prior to the call. Was wondering if there was a solution to this. It seems like the volume returns to the same level when I turn off Hi-Res Output so think its related to this setting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This issue is quiet annoying when I take a call in the car and the music volume is very low afterwards. Can fiddle with my phone while I am driving Thank you,
  4. Martin Medrano

The Music - What Are You Listening to?

The carpenters let me be the one From their self titled album carpenters otherwise known as the tan album released in 1971.
  5. I'm also having this problem.
  6. w3wilkes

The Music - What Are You Listening to?

Toad the Wet Sprocket / Fear. A great Pop/Rock album from 1991. As an aside, listening in the car with my 6 year old granddaughter when she said "that song has bad words Papa" so I had to skip the track. Still a great album.
  7. Seems like this would be fairly straight forward if the albums were each in their own folder. If PA in it's scanning had logic that says a given album must be in a single folder. This way you could have Artist, Album Artist and Album title be identical, but with each album in its own folder then PA would treat them as separate albums.
  8. w3wilkes

Wired Headset / Bluetooth Problem

Just to be clear, I was listening over 3.5 and did not pull the cable, but when the car pulled into the driveway the music stopped when the phone connected to the car. Seems like that if music is playing over 3.5 cable PA should ignore the car when it comes in range. Then if the cable gets pulled PA could switch to Bluetooth if it's connected, but not if the cable does not get pulled.
  9. Oh hey, that is a great idea. What about support of using preset in AutoEQ. The database is really useful and I think it will come in handy
  10. That'd be great indeed, but as mentioned, it's not the end of the world. I totally agree on that it should be optional. I also have full understanding for the fact that it's already a lot of options in order satisfy the preferences of different users. One goal with the post was also to see if I maybe had overlooked something and that there already existed s solution I didn't know of. But if not I'll just edit the album tag and live with that and just change back if you should end up implementing it as an optional feature. Thanks for the quick reply.
  11. maxmp

Wired Headset / Bluetooth Problem

Yes, pulling 3.5 cable while playing over BT will cause that. This is due to AUDIO_BECOMING_NOISY event issued by the system which Poweramp should obey asap and pause. The event doesn’t contain any further info regarding what is disconnected and why. The details of actual audio routing switching become available much later (hundreds ms), so it could be a situation when actually nothing changed in audio routing but the player is paused already. I’ll may add some handling for this particular case, if it possible without breaking normal behavior, thanks for the request.
  12. Thanks for the request. Changing “fixed” equalizer this way may be not a good idea as it should be simple, but what is planned is parametric equalization with arbitrary number of bands, where you can go beyond those values and also apply same band multiple times (this doubling dBs applied and more).
  13. Technically it’s easily possible. But even introduction of album splitting by album artist upset number of users, so any change to library categorization should be optional, and the number of Library options is already out of any control... I’ll think about adding that though, thanks for the request.
  14. Probably not the most common 'problem' but still something I experienced today. I have some albums by an artist that often just release the albums as self-titled, e.g. Artist - Artist. Now, all these albums are released in different years and are individual albums, but if I browse music by artist, all these albums are put together under the same album entry under said artist, which is a bit annoying because then I can't listen to just that one album I want to at that moment without having to either make a playlist for the album or skip every two songs after every song. Is there any way to separate these so they show up as the individual albums they are without me having to change their tags and e.g. set album name to Artist (2008), Artist (2009), and so? Maybe it's possible to sort on both album name and year of releases when browsing music by artists?
  15. I've got a 2.5mm 4 pole to 3.5mm 4 pole cable (cheap adapter that came with my motorcycle helmet intercom). Unless you have something else in mind I can still send that your way.
  16. All of those options are already available (widget-style shortcut to launch a playlist, and you choose and start a playlist from within the app too) Andre
  17. @Fitzian I have the device, but I still need a balanced 2.5 cable to test it. As it detects it as speaker, obviously system is not reporting output properly and some workaround are required. I hope that will be sorted out in the next build.
  18. Bumping request again for this app to recognize line out and balanced connections on the FiiO X5iii as proper hi res outputs and not just "speaker" If you lack a device for testing, heck, I'll even send my own for whatever length of time it takes.
  19. Last week
  20. shaishav

Not working on pixel 2xl with external DAC

also i can select the rates in opensl-es hi res driver but output stays stuck on 48khz
  21. shaishav

will rooting and changing sample rate then in to config file will work or not?
  22. shaishav

Dac is from Amazon, soditer pixel 2 dac. i can select the rates when i connect it to windows but not with android. i tried with audiotrac too but without success.
  23. Thanks for details, I’ll try to test this option on my 9T. Poweramp uses hi-res properly on this device without the switch enabled, I guess the option tries to roll own upsampling which may be not compatible with Poweramp at all (so probably some workaround to avoid using this option will be added).
  24. maxmp

What dac model? What output do you use in Poweramp? Do you have sample rate selection there? You can also try AudioTrack output which will lock to 192kHz on most hi-res DACs automatically. Thanks!
  25. Yes, I've noticed this, that there cant bem two apps using hi-res at the same time... I'm going to try and disable duck
  26. Jumping between Neutron and Poweramp also makes me realize that Neutron also doesn't always use High Res output... I have to keep changing settings until hi-res is activated. Maybe my phone also something to do with these issues, so I'll have to deal with it... Thanks anyway
  27. Thanks for the info. On devices like yours by default notification pauses Poweramp, as device (at least on android 8 ) can’t reliable play via hi-res output + DVC and notification sound on 3.5 at the same time). This is default setting (No DVC option for hi-res output for Wired/AUX device). This can be restored by using Restore defaults in Hi-res output settings, or No Duck option can be checked manually. Switching to open sl may happen when hi-res completely fails to load. Depending on ROM settings, only single hi-res (or actually “Direct” or “Offload”) output instance may be globally available, thus if some other player plays via hi-res output or holds it for itself (for example, other player recently opened/is paused/is in background), Poweramp can’t use it and resets to open sl. Thanks!
  1. Load more activity