All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Yea dvc disabled sounds like crap and still doesn't work. It keeps making the distortion sound. I've switched to wavelet for now. It's crazy how they don't care to fix it and purposely ignore this post.
  3. @AnkitDas Have you tried another Output method, AAudio or AudioTrack for example? Andre
  4. I am also getting the issue like nothing phone but in moto after doing proper settings in Poweramp Any suggestions for moto g62 with Android 13 What can I disable like dirac but dirac is not present in my system checked through adb Is there any other package for moto
  5. You've probably got a Preset assigned which is kicking back in automatically. When you advance to a new song, PA will look for any user-assigned presets for that song, folder, album, folder, genre, or output device and apply any required Preset accordingly. If you open the EQ screen, you'll see the name of the currently selected preset in the middle of the screen. If you then make an adjustment, the assigned name will disappear and the button will revert to the default wording 'Preset'. However next time you change to a new track, the required preset for that track will be re-loaded. You can enable 'Auto Save' in the three-dots menu to force any slider changes that you make to be saved back to the currently in-use Preset. Andre
  6. Thank you Andre! Much appreciated. Love the app. Best music player out there.
  7. @BriD55 Your phone has presumably been updated to Android 14, which is what will have caused the problem (see earlier messages in this thread). We still don't know why Android has only now started passing on these commands from car head units, but Poweramp is just following the instructions it receives. Max thought he'd solved it with the 'Ignore Repeat/Shuffle' option, but some do still seem to getting through (it's hard to test every situation as it only affects certain devices connecting to certain car head units). It should be further addressed in the next release of Poweramp though, whenever that occurs. Or maybe Google/Samsung will correct the issue from their end, as it only started happening with Android 14. Andre Andre
  8. Every time i make a custom change in the preset equalizer (I'm trying to find a config that reduces sibilance), whenever the music changes, the equalizer go back to the default one or the one assigned to that profile (either headset, bluetooth, or speaker). Even when I pick the preset one to try, it'll also go back to the previous setting whenever it advances to next song. I can't seem to "save" the equalizer configuration that I want. I have to assign them every time I make a small change. am I missing something ?
  9. Using: build-981-uni Full Version - 64 bit Hello. First post here. I love Poweramp! I do not really like Shuffle so much though. I am having the same issue. As of late 2023, my 2017 Subaru Forester's head unit started changing my shuffle and repeat settings on my Galaxy S23 whenever the BlueTooth was connected. I emailed Poweramp support and they were very helpful, sending me a link to update the main trial app. I updated the app. And I made sure to turn on the Ignore Repeat/Shuffle commands in Settings. The issue still occurred. We just got a new/used car, a 2018 Subaru Forester, and the same issue is occurring. At first I thought it was either the car's head unit OR Poweramp itself. But thanks to the helpful posters here it sure seems like this issue is related to an update on the phone in late 2023. As soon as I read more about it, that checked out. The problem never occurred before that update when using Poweramp on this phone and my previous phone across several cars. For the 2017 car I would have all Shuffle "OFF" and the Repeat setting is "Straight Line w/Arrow head" ---> (Jump to next category). In the other car, my Shuffle AND Repeat settings would change when the BlueTooth connected to the car: Shuffle would turn from OFF to ON (first setting: "crossed bent arrows" Shuffle All Songs). And Repeat would change from "straight arrow" (Jump to next category) to "2 bent arrows" (Jump to the first song in a category). But... now I see that the newer 2018 car will only change the Repeat setting (as above) and leave the Shuffle alone when the BT connects. Whew... one down... this is more tolerable but still a pain. At least the Shuffle is not turning on (so far...) I can see it happening in real time when I connect the BlueTooth in the car. My preferred phone Pwrmp app Repeat/Shuffle settings are all just where I like them from my last playback session... and then... as soon as the connection is made with the car, the Repeat icon on the phone changes right before my eyes. Hope that a future update on the phone may help. Or on Poweramp. Please let me know any other tips, tricks, new information if possible. Here are Last Processed Commands after my latest try in the car (Ignore Repeat/Shuffle is on in Settings😞
  10. Nevermind when I re tested MusicBrainz Picard by removing the Album Artist field twice. Poweramp was able to read the field. There is a bug with the displaying of fields on picard . Well thanks anyway.
  11. @6b6561 Poweramp doesn't care about "/" vs "\" delimiters, both will work fine. Andre
  12. Probably non-standard tag names. Wavpak used to only support ID3v1 or APEv2, so issue might be there too. Try MP3Tag or TagScanner, and if they don't work as expected upload a sample file for checking. Or perhaps consider converting to a more regular file format. Andre
  13. I have a few 32 bit float WavPack songs and if I edit the Album Artist field in any any of these editors kid3, MusicBrainz Picard, and MusicBee; Powerapp isn't able to see/read the Album Artist field. The only editors I got the Album Artist field to be read by powerapp is Foobar2000 and the built in editor. note that powerapp can read any of the other field just Album Artist is having trouble when I use only the three editors that have the problem with Album Artist. Does anyone else have this problem?
  14. No, I haven't changed anything. I have been connecting to other headphones including the same model I'm using myself cuz I work a hardware retailer. I tried force stopping all related apps, cleared cache and restarting. Nothing worked.
  15. Playlists can be exported as .m3u8 files from iTunes, but there might be an issue with windows using \ as deliminator in paths while Android uses /, special characters in file names might also cause issues. I can test this when I'm back at home. Otherwise the paths would be the same in your iTunes library and on the phone.
  16. No idea, what changed yesterday in your system? Have any of the apps or system updated, or did you make any manual setting changes? Andre
  17. @Ajm Yes, your assessment is correct that you would need to use some sort of external mechanism to get your music and Playlist files from your PC to your phone. Poweramp has no integrated file management systems, it basically expects your music to be present in local storage ready to be scanned into its database. It can do a few specific tasks such as user-requested deleting of files you no longer need, tweaking embedded tags on a song-by-song basis, searching for online cover artwork or lyrics based on the embedded song tags - but nothing that could really be called music file management. The fact that you only want a subset of your PC (or iTunes) music collection on your phone makes any kind of automation very difficult to set up. I'm the same, I have close to a terabyte of random audio files on my PC, but only about 80Gb of them on my phone. I initially set that up using manual folder drag-and-drop, and I can't really see another way to do it reliably. There are music management tools that automate syncing, such as MusicBee or MediaMonkey for example, but again I can't really see how they could decided what sections of your content to copy. Also there have been issues experienced by some users with regard to updated content not being flagged as refreshed for Poweramp's database. I use FolderSync (as mentioned above) for certain tasks, but pretty tightly defined - for example automatically copying content from internal podcast app locations into my chosen music folder hierarchy. It can copy across shared systems too, so if your music is in an FTP location or SMB share (mine is on a NAS) then it could sync content from external folders on there to folders on your phone. I use it to automatically back up my phone's new DCIM/Camera content to my server's photo storage overnight for example. But again, defining suitable rules would be tricky. What FolderSync would be very good at would be maintaining a sync between your tablet and your phone though, so you'd only need to manage the content on one device and any changes could be automatically echoed over onto the other device(s). Playlists can be created and managed within Poweramp, or loaded from existing M3U/etc files. M3U files work well across platforms as long as the filenames and the first folder they are contained within are consistent (so for example a given filename is contained within the same album folder on all of your filesystems; higher levels of folder naming and storage references like C:\Users\etc are ignored) Andre
  18. Since yesterday I noticed the audio sounded different on my Momentum 4's. I noticed that changes I did on my phone's (S23 Ultra) Native EQ also affected the sound whilst that usually not works when I have Poweramp Equalizer enabled. How do I prevent this from happening?
  19. Poweramp will send audio to whatever device Android says is the current chosen output (this can sometimes be adjusted in Samsung devices using their SmartThings menu). But normally, connecting a BT device which is set up to act as an audio profile (i.e. not for only phone calls) should then route the audio to it. Try unpairing and re-pairing the headset and check that it is set for stereo music output (also called "A2DP"). You could also try resetting the Output method in Poweramp back to Default, or try a different encoding method in PA Settings=>Audio=>Output (e.g. try AAudio, AudioTrack, or Hi-Res instead of plain OpenSL ES). Auto-playback resuming can be triggered in several ways. It can be enabled/disabled in Poweramp (in PA Settings=>Headset/Bluetooth) but it's also possible that the BT device itself is sending a KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE button event, which Poweramp will then respond to. You can check this via the log in PA Settings=>Headset/Bluetooth=>Last Processed Commands. Recent builds of PA (e.g. 981) have an extra option in the Headset/Bluetooth menu to force ignoring of any commands received within a certain period after a BT connection is established, which may help in this sort of situation. Andre
  20. Hallo ich habe Probleme mit Bluetooth. Sobald ich einen Kopfhörer verbinde, startet Poweramp und ich höre Musik über den Handylautsprecher und nicht über die Kopfhörer. Warum? Kann mir jemand weiterhelfen. Android 12, Samsung A53 5g. Poweramp neuste Version.
  21. Hi, Poweramp doesn't have any file transfer of synchronization features built in. What you can do is that you share your iTunes folder from your PC and use something like FolderSync to copy the music to your mobile device and to keep it in sync. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.tacit.android.foldersync.lite I use FolderSync to keep my 13000 track / 106GB library in sync on my mobiles and works like a charm. I even had it running on my old Samsung xCover 3 without any issues. iTunes isn't that bad these days and music files ripped and managed by iTunes should be quite standard so I wouldn't expect Poweramp to have any issues with those files. The 30 day trial version of Poweramp on the play store has all the features of the full version, so why don't you go ahead and copy a subset of your music by drag and drop to your phone and give it a test? Wouldn't cost you anything but some time. Kim
  22. Thank you for the helpful reply. So, if I understand correctly, the only practical process is to drag/drop using Windows Explorer from my Music Folder on the laptop to my devices. And, since I want to duplicate my music/media on 2 devices (phone and tablet), it would be best to drag/drop first to an external drive and then copy everything to my devices. Something like this...? Poweramp - Master Folder Albums Subfolder Guitar Songs Subfolder (some songs may be duplicated in the Albums subfolder - is that ok?) Backing Tracks Subfolder Other Subfolder(s) as needed Unfortunately, it sounds like a cumbersome process (at least the first time). I have hundreds of artists and a thousand+ albums in hundreds of subfolders (600 GB). I don't want all my music on my devices, plus my sd cards don't have enough storage. I wouldn't do much changing after I get a significant amount of music on my devices. I came across the app - Droid Transfer - which seemingly has an option to export music from iTunes. But, it is not a media player only a file transfer app. It would still be cumbersome to transfer music, but it would be much easier visually to scroll through my iTunes library and select albums/songs instead of tediously opening folders/subfolders with Windows Explorer. As for metadata, I think it is embedded in the files. iTunes is just a library, so if I am seeing artist info/artwork in iTunes then I am assuming that that is because the metadata is in the actual music files on my laptop. If I can do the above folder/file structure with Poweramp on my devices then I do not think I need playlists. If I want to make playlists can I use Poweramp after my files are on my devices? My apologies for all the questions. I hope I am explaining everything ok. Thank you again Andrew
  23. Yesterday
  24. I just had this happen to my tablet. My widget is gone from my homescreen and when I went to add it back only the one in the screenshot above is there. How do I get it back? It's a Galaxy Tab A8.
  25. Update: It seems like disabling DVC fixes the problem (at least as far as my testing goes) but the audio quality is no longer as powerful as with DVC enabled. Really hope this gets fixed sometime soon.
  26. I have the exact same issue on S23 with Oneui 6.1 - especially on Spotify. Happens on heapdhones through a usb-c dac as well as on a speaker. It happens a lot lately and scares the heck of me, especially when listening to music at night time. One request that i have would be to add an "action" for enabling and disabling the audio processing - that way i could create a routine that enables the equalizer when i plug in my headphones, and disables it when i unplug. This would be perfect.
  27. Hey, I just wanted to let you know once I drove the car twice today and I didn't have the problems until now. Thank you very much for this and hope that it will continue to work so great in the future as the player is really awesome
  1. Load more activity