Poweramp

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I'ts important that your app is available on multiple devices. Personally, I have in my possession a lot of devices like most people. A Smartphone ( OnePlus6 with Android ), PC ( Asus C302 Chromebook compatible with Play Store ), SmartWatch ( Ticwatch C2 with Android Wear ), Android TV Box ( Xiaomi Mi Box 3S ), and and even Android Auto in my car ( Toyota ). But unfortunately, except Smartphone and Android Auto, the application is not available on any other device. There is an application on Chromebook (Tablet), but it is a very old version compared to that available on smartphone. It would be great for you to support all these platforms, to be available on the entire Google ecosystem.
  3. Hello, Firts of all, thank you very much for your great app ! It's definitely the best music player on Android. However, it still lacks a crucial feature to make the application perfect. Today, the use of streaming and cloud is very important. and this will only intensify in the years to come with the 5G that will be available soon. It would be great if your application could read our libraries stored in the cloud via Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive etc, as does the CloudPlayer application. You're probably aware that this feature is available natively in Google Play Music. But unfortunately, Google Play Music will disappear and make way for Youtube Music, and this great functionality should surely be removed. A lot of users are complaining about the disappearance of this feature. It would be an opportunity for you to recover a lot of users sinvous offer this opportunity. Me including.
  4. Today
  5. Malagant

Album Art Size Increase

I have another question, it is partly 'off topic' perhaps but I post it here (instead of making a separate post) since it concerns Album Art Size, but for the Poweramp widget. I am using the v3 4 x 1 Poweramp widget and have tried the various setting-options included in the widget, but the widget album art size always seems to change between songs and sometimes even when playing the same song, the widget album art beginning as 'large' and then turning 'small'. I currently use Style 5, Background Opacity 0 and Shadow Opacity 0. Is there a setting or some 'tweaking' I can use to keep the widget album art permanently 'large' in the v3 4 x 1 Poweramp widget?
  6. andrewilley

Poor sound when tempo changed

I suspect Tempo playback may not be especially optimised or smoothed. Poweramp is all about technical accuracy of music fidelity, so a mode like that might be seen as a bit of a gimmick in those terms. Andre
  7. Sullivan

Classic v3-alpha skin possible?

You can try pa newest build 823. It has more options to cusomise on the default skin. Or you can try another superb skin which I use it too.
  8. Malagant

Poor sound when tempo changed

I have this same problem, so I will add my post here (I found this thread using the search-function) instead of making a new one. My Samsung phone plays (for some reason) songs slightly too fast in my view, so I tried to change the Tempo-setting to 0.97 (slightly slower) but then the sound becomes somewhat distorted / slightly 'twisted'. I tested the other way as well, changing the setting to 1.05 (slightly faster) but with the same results. Is there some other setting that needs 'tweaked' on Poweramp / my phone for this to work properly do you know, or is this a possible 'bug'?
  9. Sullivan

New Poweramp Skin - alternative layout

Everything is perfect now. Thanks!
  10. andrewilley

Doesn't work well offline??

Unfortunately, the Google Play experience is built around the assumption that devices are online, and there can be issues with ones that are permanently offline. Please see http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323557-is-internet-connection-required though, which indicates when and how licence validation should take place. Once validated, checking should not be required again (this has been improved in v3 over the process that v2 used by the way). Andre
  11. flyingdutchman

Ikorolkov skin

Also in the thread in a post by @drawersystem it states that Korolkov has removed his skin. Other also contacted him so I think he is no longer in the running
  12. pauldamo

New Poweramp Skin - alternative layout

The latest build has fixed the delay i had after clicking mini player,everything now is responsive,and the layout of the song name under album art on player screen is now fixed as well,thanks note8 - pie
  13. andrewilley

Poweramp starting on ALL audio events

There must be something in your system that is sending commands to PA, it would not just start randomly other than for the optional triggers in Settings > Headset/Bluetooth. What does PA show in the Last Processed Commands option at the bottom of that menu? Andre
  14. andrewilley

Ikorolkov skin

He is not, but he has been working on v3 skins - so maybe you could outline your thoughts to him and perhaps if your ideas might have more general appeal, he might consider looking into it? The skin I use is https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/15556-free-poweramp-v3-skin-default-dark/ which allows a cleaner less cluttered look, and also (optionally) supports both the dynamic and static seekbars in the same view. However you seem to want stylised visual representations of real physical controls (something Google has been pushing strongly against in Android design for a number of years now) so it may not be for you. Andre
  15. andrewilley

Sorry, but PA v2 is now a legacy product, mainly aimed at users of Android 4.4.x KitKat and below (which do not support the Material Design elements that were implemented and recommended by Google from Lollipop onward). There will be no further development on PA v2, as v3 is the current official release version of the product and most of the code was re-built from the ground up. I know that isn't what want to hear, but the nearest thing you can get to the best of both worlds is build 709, which was designed to initially test the new audio engine and a few other things before work on the new user interface was completed. However many people found it pretty stable for an alpha release. Andre
  16. DevilSlayerDante

Ikorolkov skin

Are you I. Korolkov, the developer of the skin shown in my 1st post in this thread?
  17. Sure, just embed the required artwork in the audio files themselves. Any dedicated tag editor software should be able to do that for you. I use TagScanner on my PC, but there are lots of others available (MP3TAG is another popular one). Andre
  18. flyingdutchman

Ikorolkov skin

Not sure if you are referring to me? If so then please email me again
  19. Please see http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323557-is-internet-connection-required . You will need to have an internet connection during install and for a period afterwards, but once it has been validated and checked there should be no further need for the licence to be checked online. The timeouts have been improved for v3 so hopefully this problem should not suddenly appear later as could happen with v2. Andre
  20. DevilSlayerDante

Ikorolkov skin

Style and and function are equally important to me, so v2 is not an option, and no one has made any skins for v3 that appeal to me, they're all flat and/or have awful color schemes. I contacted the developer of the skin I posted above over a month ago, but no reply yet, and I get the impression he never will, since he removed ALL his Poweramp add-ons from the Play store.
  21. DevilSlayerDante

Then why not add enhancements, like milkdrop visualizations, hi-res audio output, and volume ducking for short audio focus changes to PA v2 as well. I prefer a software experience that provides the improved functionality included in v3, and the cleaner, better optimized screenspace of v2 or v3-alpha, and the ability to receive future updates as well.
  22. KOB

Volume returns back to 0 when on Bluetooth

I double check and found this to happen on my device when volume levels was set to 30. Setting this back to system default solve this issue. Test a few times and any level other than system default will create this issue.
  23. So basically I want to use custom album art for specific tracks in certain albums but I would have to remove the "Album" tag in the "info/tags" section in order for that track to have different album art than the whole album. Is there any way to keep the "Album" tag and still have different album arts across different tracks of the same album? I need to do this because (1) I can't view every track on the album in the "Albums" tab and (2) last.fm doesn't count the scrobble as a part of the album without the tag. Thanks in advance
  24. Poweramp starts on all audio events whether wanted or not. Starting youtube - Poweramp shuts down youtube and recommences last played track. Starting audio file using any other player or browser - Poweramp shuts down audio file and recommences last played track. Connect to any bluetooth device, whether bluetooth device is attempting to start remote device music player or not - Poweramp recommences last played track in background, using phone speakers running battery down. Galaxy s8 SM-G950F Android 9. PPR1.180610.011.G950FXXU4DSBA
  25. atinp1116

Volume returns back to 0 when on Bluetooth

Unfortunately none of that worked and I had to redownload all the album art all over again. Was tedious as hell, but I think this is a fixable issue. We just need an update that has the app detect Bluetooth devices as BLUETOOTH and not Chromecast
  26. Bek... If you only just purchased this yesterday and are already having issues, I would recommend getting a refund as per Google play store policy if it isn't suitable for your task, because I don't anticipate this being rectified. You will spend all your time getting frustrated when it stops... This problem has been around forever.
  1. Load more activity