search window

Pakal

I'd like to suggest that when you click on the search button the keyboard would automatically pop up. Currently you need a second click to call it up. I also find useless to show a search bar with the previous search text; every search is virtually a new one. The search button should take you right to the point, quickly.

My 2 cents

P_

I'd like to suggest that when you click on the search button the keyboard would automatically pop up

Strange. That's exactly what happens on my device (Samsung Galaxy S Plus, Android 2.3.6). And the previous search text is highlighted (so you can overwrite directly or modify your last search string). IMO the perfect behavior.

Ok, I read what you say and I think it can probably be now considered a bug :

In portrait mode the search option is in the option menu and it works correctly. In landscape mode you get a search button and this is NOT bringing up the keyboard. Can someone confirm what I am saying.

P_

I can confirm the same on my S3.

In portrait mode, Search opens with keyboard active and the previous search-text highlighted.

However in landscape mode, Search opens WITHOUT the keyboard active, but still with the previous search-text highlighted. You need to tap on the text-entry area to get the keyboard to pop up.

(By the way, does anyone else hate the way that Samsung phones overlay their own massive white text-entry top-screen for many landscape text entry fields, rather than continuing to allow you to type into the actual field on the form you were originally viewing? The screen on an S3 is plently big enough for it not to do this, but I can't find an option to permanently disable it)

Andre

• 3 years later...

Archived