Won't open *.mp3 from file explorer

My Z Force just got the Nougat update last week and I noticed that Poweramp is acting funny. I usually download a podcast to my device to listen to, and I usually play the podcast by using Solid Explorer to navigate to the downloaded file, tap the file, then select Poweramp. However since the update, Poweramp is no longer available to choose from. Did the broadcast intent scheme for mp3 files change and Poweramp isn't detecting the intent? 

Possibly. Just add your download folder to the list of locations that Poweramp is allowed to scan (using the Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders option). Then all new downloads will automatically be available within Poweramp's library for you to listen.

Andre

16 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Possibly. Just add your download folder to the list of locations that Poweramp is allowed to scan (using the Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders option). Then all new downloads will automatically be available within Poweramp's library for you to listen.

Andre

Yeah, that's what I've done to be able to play the download via Poweramp, but it's much more of a pain (click wise). And for the 5 years or so I've used Poweramp, it always plays a music file when I select one from a file explorer. Today was the first day I've experienced this behavior.

Archived