File-based playlist import issue

wilfang

This new issue occurred to me recently, when I try to import a playlist from another player in m3u format with >200 songs, while the playlist did make its way into PA, it was somehow cropped with only 131 songs in length. I have tried generating the playlist from different players, or even switching to PA v3 testbuild other than the release version, yet the issue remain, with the "magical number" 131 limiting the length of the playlist. I term this as a new issue, as this never happen to me before. Several months ago I was able to import playlist with >700 songs with no issue at all. I wonder what's going on here.

EDIT: Ok, so it seems making a "complain" post help solve the issue. :P I make a last effort to try overcoming the issue by using m3u8 as the format of the playlist instead, and *pop* the issue is gone, the whole playlist is fully imported into PA. But my question remains, as I have no issue with m3u before. 

As your m3u8 playlist was imported without any issues, I think that the m3u playlist may have "foreign" characters in the filename which cause a problem when treated as a m3u playlist.

From wikipedia:

An M3U file is a plain text file that specifies the locations of one or more media files. The file is saved with the "m3u" filename extension if the text is encoded in the local system's default non-Unicode encoding (e.g., a Windows codepage), or with the "m3u8" extension if the text is UTF-8 encoded.

Archived