Button to add current time to ID3 tag

Zigo

Hi,

First of all, I've just started using Poweramp and, having tried a number of other music players, I have to say this is easily the best! It's quick, simple to use yet full of features, slick, has a good lock screen widget, etc. so I'm impressed, well done :)

I've got a slightly strange feature request...I'm a DJ and mostly listen to other DJ sets which are usually 1 hour plus (sometimes longer than 2 hours) in a single mp3 file. Whenever I hear a tune I like, I want to make a note of it so that I can go and buy it myself. When I'm driving my car this isn't easy as I don't have direct access to the tracklist, so I have to make a note of the time in the set the track was played, and then check at home later. Even making this note can be hazardous, or I have to keep stopping the car all the time (or I try to make a mental note but it's easily forgotten).

What I'd like is to be able to just press a button which simply appends the current time to an ID3 tag (eg. comment). Then when I get home later, I might see something like 13:19, 48:03, 89:52, which I can use to help me find the tracks I want. I'm a developer myself and know this should be a pretty simple task, and I know it's not likely to be of use by anyone else, but it would be HUGELY helpful to me. When I become rich and famous as a superstar DJ I'll know who to shower my money on if you can add this feature! ;)

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I mean like bookmarks for audiobooks.

I don't usually have .cue files but I can create a blank one easily. If this feature is added to Poweramp it would be fantastic :D

Archived