License error #16

Hello everybody.

Over two weeks ago I've bought a licensed copy of Poweramp via Google Play and used it without problems until yesterday, when I've changed ROM on my Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 (coming from a custom ROM to another).

Reinstalling Poweramp and it's activator, I have found that PA activation fails with a laconic "License Error #16".

I don't use Lucky Patcher features (everything is deactivated in the LP setup), the Google Play app is the original one without modifications.

Apparently there's no way to solve this issue.

Reading users comments in Google Play seems that lots of people has the same problem.

Someone can tell me how to get rid off this error?

I have removed LP from my phone, the reinstalled again either Poweramp and the activator and rebooted the device; results was the same... license error #16.

With old Rom (and LP running) license check worked flawlessly. Now I'm unable to use Poweramp for that issue.

Any other hint? 

Well, at the moment I've solved simply reinstalling Lucky Patcher and patching Poweramp. I know it's a bad action against developer, but it's the only way to get this app working again, in honour of the 5€ I've spent buying and supporting developer.

I hope in a quick solution... but remember that many users with stock roms and non rooted phones are facing the same issue, so isn't LP fault.

Archived