Songs randomly stop playing and Poweramp fast forwards through them

Running the latest version of Poweramp on my LG G4 on 5.1.

Recently I have been having this issue whereby music randomly cuts out (no sound) and Poweramp fast forwards through for no apparent reason. During this whole process, no sound is playing. It only stops once I press the pause button and then the play button. It will then happen again at some random point. I have set audio thread priority to the maximum and the Poweramp process is definitely not getting killed by android's memory manager.

Any tips on how to solve this issue? It's pretty irritating. Happens on a wired headset and bluetooth headset. MicroSD is a Samsung 64GB EVO that was bought in June. The problem only started to happen recently.

SInce this Problem occurs since the last update can I expect that the problem will be solved? I used the player for a long time and never had this problem. I like Poweramp and don´t like to be forced to switch to another player... ...any solution fot this problem?

• 7 months later...

Hello, I have an s5 g900t running stock 6.0.1. I've been also having this same exact wierd problem. I've updated rom from 5.1.1 is all I've done. I have the latest Poweramp and even tried re-installing app and the problem still persists.  I will try downgrading. But this thread is pretty old. It's there an answer why this happens?

Archived