Poweramp Not Detecting All Music

Using latest version of Poweramp on cowon z2 media player 16gb internal memory and 128 gb microsd card. When scanning music it will not detect all of my music although I can see the music folders in the folder scan option. Android file manager also detects folders so the card is not damaged. After 15 scans it still will not detect all of my music. Everything was working fine until yesterday when I decided to update the app. I have auto scan off and I only try to scan after android has finished its initial scan. I have done this a 1,000 times over the past 3 years but this is the first time I am unable to detect all music files.

I am not aware of an archive of past versions. I did however find a fix for this. My device currently has 8,834 mp3s and flacs on it and that is way too many for a full rescan to detect them all at once. Poweramp seems to be able to handle at most around 1,000 files at once. The only way to get all of my files to be detected is to scan 30-40 folders at a time, around 1,000 songs per scan. Sometimes though the scan will forget the previous scan and you will have to start all over again. It is tedious and annoying but if Poweramp didn't sound so good and have gapless playback I would have tossed it to the curb long ago.

Archived