Deleted files still visible in PC

Hello,

just noticed that when I delete some songs via Poweramp, the files are deleted from the app and are not visible in any file explorer app. But when I connect the phone to PC via usb, the files are still visible in the folder, although they can't be worked with (copied, played, etc.). If I delete a file via file explorer app, the problem is not there and the file is deleted for PC as well.

Using 5.0.10.579 on OnePlus One with CM12 (5.0.2).

Looked into it more and it's not Windows cache, but android Media Storage issue, that is not refreshed after deleting the files. I found it's kinda problematic in many cases and versions and not sure what the latest status in Lollipop is. But since non-stock file manager can delete files and they disappear from Media Storage immediatelly, I think it's something Poweramp should be able to do as well.

It can be worked around by deleting cache or data of Media Storage app and waiting for rebuilding it after reconnecting to PC, but it's not very user-friendly, because it's quite slow with GBs of data.

I've noticed Android's media caching is a law unto itself too, it only seems to refresh if you update content via their own methods.

For example if I copy pictures over from my PC via Samba on Wi-Fi, they often don't automatically appear in the Android Gallery viewer. The file system presented back to the PC shows them fine, as do various File Explorers on the device, but just not in the media cache.

Andre

Archived