Can't expand music folder in "Folders and Library" settings

Hi,

I've recently come across what could be a little bug on Poweramp 2.0.10 build 573 on my Nexus 5 with android 4.4.4 stock.

When I'm in Settings -> Folders and Library -> Music Folders, the folder containing my music cannot be expanded (no white triangle next to it), even if it contains several subfolders, each one containing several music files. If I select the main folder, however, all music files are correctly detected by the scanner.

Thanks for your help!

Odd, are you definitely looking at the right copy of your music folder?(e.g. there's not a similar, but empty, folder on your device to that on your SD card). Do other folders with subfolders allow you to select their nested contents?

Andre

• 1 month later...

I have exactly the same problems as yours, in Poweramp I can't expand a folder that has 7 subfolders, and there's no triangle icon next to the main folder either.

My Poweramp version: 2.0.10-build-575-play

Device: OnePlus One

Rom: CM 12.1 (Android 5.1)

Does this happen with other folders too? Can you try creating a new folder to test it with?

Andre

No, it doesn't happen with other folders, only this one, I renamed the folder earlier today and it still cannot be expanded in Poweramp. Tried to create a new folder and several subfolders and they can be expanded.

Maybe something's wrong with that folder? But it's working with all other apps.

If another folder works and you can see subfolders, perhaps it's a permissions thing? Do you know how to use a file explorer to check that, and see if they match ?

If not, try moving all your music folders/files into the new working folder, and then rename the new folder back to the name of the old one (or just use the new folder as-is if the name doesn't worry you).

Andre

Archived