Folder Scanning Issue

As I tried to add a few new songs onto my Poweramp today, the Folder Scanning Icon has been spinning for about 1 and a half hour now ever since I hit the rescan button and my new songs are not added to Poweramp. I've never had any problems with rescanning until now since all my previous rescans usually go for about less than a minute. I use a Oneplus One if that helps.

Is there anything unusual about the files you have added? And I assume you have not changed your ROM or the memory card in the meantime?

Andre

Nope, nothing out of the ordinary, just your usual .mp3 files. And no, I have not changed any specifics of my phone. Could the problem be that I haven't rescanned my Poweramp app in about 2 months?

Could be, there have been known issues with some ROMs and memory cards too.

Andre

Reinstalled Poweramp, looks like Poweramp is unable to read my .mp3 files since it is still "scanning folders." Unfortunately, I cannot do anything about the memory cards since they're built into my phone which doesn't have a SD Card slot. 

If your music is on internal phone memory then it won't be issues with external cards anyway.

Check that you don't have any extra unnecessary folders (apart from the actual location of your music files) ticked in Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders.

If that doesn't help, try moving your newest files to another (unscanned) location and see if a Full Scan works OK then. If that works, try re-addding them a few at a time until you find the culprit.

Andre

Archived