Delete button on a lock screen widget

wax

Poweramp has wonderful feature - it allows to delete file from SD card with Delete button. However, to delete a file I have to:

1. Unlock screen

2. Open Poweramp player

3. Call application menu

4. Push Delete button

I guess, it could be much more convenient if you add some kind of menu to locking screen widget which is opened by a long tap so that this menu contain 'Delete' item. Than it would be easier to delete current song:

1. Long tap on a lock screen widget

2. Select Delete menu item.

• 1 year later...

This is the one feature that is keeping this player from beating another player for me. I drive all day, every day, and tend to add large blocks of music (mostly whole albums) at once. While driving it would be great to just hit 1-2 quick buttons and never have to skip a particular song again. :) but because i have to be carefull while driving i have to use a different player to do that. :( i really like Poweramp and would rather use it, and do while not driving.

In short, please do this!!!!! Probably have to be an optional lock screen item. And a possibility would be to have a button for delete, with a slider-confirmation to eliminate risk of pocket deletions. :)

Using star ratings may be a workaround for the time being, rate the song you want to delete with a single star, you can then later (such as after your drive) open up power amp, sort all songs by star rating, and delete with ones with just 1 star

That is a possible idea, will try. :) this also brings us to the other request about using the persistant ratings in the id3 tags. ;) although with over 150 views of this topic, it seems like there may be enough interest to actually implement it, i hope.

This is a function, I also miss very much.

Until now I did the version with one star, but deleting it immediately is much better!

What about a menu, (on lockscreen and app), which you can personalize. So you would be able to reach easily your functions, you like.

For example, deleting the current song, putting it into a special playlist or what ever.

thanks and bye

e.

The star rating idea kind of works. The stars are a little small to be trying to hit without looking though. :( i am driving a 100 foot long semi, the last thing i want to do is kill a bus full of kids while trying to get rid of an annoying song, lol. :) i have just accepted that i will have to listen to some bad songs a few times before i am in a position to label them for deletion, and have to use both the 1 and 2 star ratings for deletion so i can miss a bit and still succeed. :) there is a nice empty bar on the tp of the screen that could hold a button or 2 though. ;)

Archived