Song Plays At About Half Speed

Some songs that I attempt to play do so at half speed.  One file is a 3098KBPS 32BIT 96kHz alac .m4a file.  However, Poweramp displays the file as having a 44.1kHz sampling rate.  It seems that while the file itself has 96kHz the Poweramp program is only sampling at a rate of 44.1kHz!  Is this a file sampling rate interpretation error or is there a limiter due to CPU use?  This exact same file plays on my iPod no problem and does not seem to drain the battery.  Is it possible that an option to allow high performance audio files could be introduced in a future update?  I purchased Poweramp because of it's universal compatibility, it has failed me.  I would really like to be able to hear my high quality music on my android phone and it seems I have no way to do so.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have noticed the same issues with 96kHz ALAC. The playback is stuck at 44.1kHz.

An example of a 16-bit 96kHz ALAC for testing: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9818122/03%20I%20Miss%20You.m4a

The sampling rate is excessive for playback on a phone, but ALAC is convenient for AirPlay users. AirPlay is most conveniently paired with iTunes, which accepts only ALAC for lossless playback. It would be ridiculous to transcode ALAC content just to sync a playlist to a phone.

Poweramp 2.0.9-build-564-play (Full Version), Android 4.4.2, Xperia Z2

• 3 months later...

I'm having the exact same issue. And this doesn't seem to be a new big, either... I did notice this one comment here but I haven't figured out how to apply the solution. I don't really want to re-encode all my music.

To make sure it wasn't my phone I also tried a few other players and they worked fine so this is clearly a bug with Poweramp.

Archived