Playlists not showing

I have installed songs/playlists, deleted all songs/playlists and reinstalled my songs/playlists and Poweramp still will not show my playlists.

I have a playlist (in ITunes)  "My Albums" and from there I have selected individual songs (from "My Albums") for several other playlists.  the only playlist that shows is "My Albums"  so I am unable to select my favorite songs from "My Albums" to create another playlist.

Samsung Note 3

Thanks for any help

Al my music files are M4a created in iTunes, they are all in the same place on my computer, 

My music files on my Samsung Note3 are on a backup SD card, they are in the Syncr File which has all flies seperated by artist and then each artist will have the individual albmums seperated in files, in the artist file.

When i setup the original download I just selected what playlists I wanted to import.

Tim N

So it sounds like you just let an automated system create and copy the playlists, but you're not very sure what it did or what is in the playlist files? Do all the songs appear in Poweramp's Library, but not as Playlists? (I assume that a lot of the times you say "file" above, you meant to say "folder", as otherwise I can't really make much sense of your second sentence)

Andre

Correct I should be typing "folder".  All my songs are in the folder My Music seperated into album floders.  No playlist show.

One of the reasons I purchased Syncr is so I can easly port my iTunes songs to my android phone without any hassel or learning a new language.  Also, with Syncr I do not get an error "Sorry this music player does not support this type of file", which happens quite frequently with other music players, including googles.

That would be M4A files causing the problem of file support, it's a bit of a quirky format at the moment. Apple trying to be different again, bless their hearts.

If the songs are in folders, it might be that the Playlists are not all referring to the correct folder locations to find each file? Try loading one of the Playlists (the M3U files) into a text editor and see what the structure looks like - does each line point to a file in the correct folder location?

Sadly, not all programs play nicely together (and anything involving Apple/iTunes doubly so) so if things don't seem to work sometimes you need to find out what it is actually doing.

Andre

Archived