Ratings

CyBri2000

• 3 months later...

A ratings system is pretty much a deal-breaker. I don't know how this wasn't included in the original release as it is a pretty standard feature of every music player. Ratings should also be able to be set as play lists (ex. ratings higher than 4 stars).

• 4 weeks later...

Max, can you let us know which tag you will be supporting for ratings? My buddy and I are about to use mp3tag to manually port our ratings from our iTunes library and want to make sure we don't input the data into the wrong tag.

My assumption right now is that you would be supporting the Popularimeter tag. Is this the case?

Please let me know and keep up the great work!

Cheers,

Mike

• 6 months later...

Is the purpose of the ratings facility to remind people how much they like a song?

No, it's often used to create and update smart playlists. I use iSyncr to sync from iTunes to my phone, and iTunes populates a constantly-fresh set of playlists that are totally dependent on song ratings to function.

Thanks for the +1. :)

I just wanted to mention that the various versions of iSyncr have hundreds of thousands of paid downloads, let alone free -- it's THE way to sync from iTunes to Android. A lot of people are using it, it's not a tiny little program nobody uses.

I'd be super happy to ever see ratings support for it. Thanks for the great player :)

Archived