Skipping and crashing

jerryisdead

And no, this is not about my kid learning to walk.

Could someone please help this newbie? Just purchased Poweramp for my Razr and it sounds great, much better than my iPod.

But, it skips all the time. I'll be walking along with the phone in my pocket, and all of a sudden I hear a little chirp (beep-beep) and it skips to another song. Sometimes in as little as 30 seconds. Sometimes to another genre. Sometimes it beeps-skips-beeps-skips constantly. And sometimes it finally just stops. I have no idea what's going on. I haven't messed with the settings, but I have uninstalled and reinstalled once and wasted god knows how long manually fixing metadata for 140 songs. I am totally frustrated and at a loss.

And the whole thing crashes at least 5 times a day with corresponding notes to send error messages to the developer.

Anyone give me some clues as to what to do? I love the idea of being able to carry only one device in my pocket instead of two, but this is ridiculous. Btw, the app is downloaded from Google Play. I don't have the recent updates that I see here. I don't even know how to get them onto my phone (I'm technically challenged). Hope someone can help. Thanks for any and all advice.

Archived