getting started help.

clatimer

What sort of disk - CD audio, or files on a hard drive? Whichever, you need to copy your music (as MP3 files) onto your Android device and then Poweramp should be able to find it for you. If it's on CD, you'll need to 'rip' the music first, if on a PC hard drive just connect up the USB cable and copy the files over.

Andre

The MP3 files should now be on your PC I assume? If so, connect your phone to the PC via the supplied cable (some phones need software installed to do this, but most these days can just show up on your computer like an extra USB 'disk drive').

Copy the new MP3 files from wherever you have stored them on your PC (maybe the Music folder?) over to the phone - the simplest way is just to open two windows, one for the music folder on the PC and the other for the phone's SD card - and then just drag and drop the MP3 files. I'd suggest using a folder called "MusicFolders" on the phone's SD card as that's Poweramp's default, but you can put them anywhere you like. If you don't have an SD card, just use the phone's internal memory.

Run Poweramp and it should find your files on the next scan. If not, go to Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders to see if the location you put the files into is ticked. However the Auto-Find option usually works fine. If still nothing, run a Full Rescan (in the same settings menu).

Personally, rather than using a USB cable, I installed an app called Samba on my phone which lets the phone set itself up on my home wi-fi network as if it were a networked drive, so I can just copy files to it whenever I like without any hassle (and also sync audio files from the PC) but that's a bit of work and not necessary for a few music files.

Andre

Hi, I downloaded this to play my FLAC files and it works fine, but I'm having trouble with the libraries folders.

I first downloaded a playlist and then a couple of albums; I can get the stuff up on screen but it won't change to the ones I want. After 2 or 3 goes this morning it closed itself down and told me there were to many unplayed tracks. Any hints welcome

Archived