Folder/Library/playlist button on main screen

mikebz5

Love this app!

One addition that would make this perfect is easier access to the folder/library/playlist screen.

Currently from the main player screen you have to press menu>folder>artist or playlist (all on the left hand side of the screen which makes it difficult to reach when using one hand on some of the larger screens like my EVO). This is 3 key presses which seems alot for me considering I just want to switch artist or playlist.

A single small button on the right hand side of the screen could take you there with 1 press and allow for switching album, artist, song, playlist with one hand(essential for driving),the repeat button could be resized smaller(similiar size to eq/pre buttons) and the new button could be placed next to repeat button.

Or the repeat AND shuffle button could be resized smaller and placed next to each other on the left side of screen, the new folder/playlist button could be on the right.

I understand the need for a clean looking interface but this change(the addition of a single button) would be huge for useability!

Please? Pretty please?!!!

PS it would also be nice if there was an add new playlist selection on the playlist screen(would eliminate 2 keystrokes).

Thanks for the feedback and detailed request.

How do you intend to change the album/artist/playlist with the single button? Do you mean it's shortcut to the appropriate Library section or what?

The next update (currently in beta), will have >> buttons available for albums/artists/genres/playlists - so they can be navigated the same way Folders can be navigated right now.

This basically will save single press, as you can now move to the current played selection (i.e. to artist/album/etc songs) by clicking to the title/album/artist info in main screen, then clicking top header with arrow will bring the parent artist/album/etc. I can make that mini-display press navigating (optionally) to artist/album/folder list, instead of songs list, or I can add a long press action on it, actually.

I came to this form and registered to request this very feature! please implement! i love your product by the way! best music player for android hands down. i recommend it to all the people i know that have android. keep up the great work.

can u make the long press onto the mini display customizable? meaning the long press can bring you to all songs view, albums view, artist view, genre view, etc? instead of bringing you just to albums view? that would be sweet. thanks!

Archived