playing folders????

ElNAth

Hi.

I just purchased your item after reading your comment. I really like your app. but I am not quite sure how to take a full advantage of your folder function...

I read your instruction, but I am still not quite sure how it works. I am currently relying on the playlist function to organize my playlists, but I would like to learn how to play from the folders directly like the mort player.

Ok. This is what I tried... When I press the (folders) button, it takes me to the folders menu, it displays as "showing 0 folders" so I click on the (select folders)which gives me a pop up. On the pop-up, I select the music folders where I store my music and then click ok, nothing happens. So I press rescan folders, it just scans all the music that I have in those folders. After seeing a pop-up saying "scan finished" I press the back button to go back to the "folders" window with nothing listed on it. still saying 0 folders...Then I go to the setting to nibble on some of the options there, primarily the "folders" option. I go to the "advanced folders option" and press this and that, still i don't see anything listed on the "folders" window....Then I change my gear and check out the "folders playlists" and there's nothing in it...I am sorry if everyone else got this and maybe I am the only idiot who's struggling, but I really don't understand how it works...

I made my "music" playlists from the default player that comes with HTC Desire and the ITUNES (sync. with my computer) but I don't know how to create "folder playlists" from the Poweramp. If such function is not included in the program, it would be very helpful to have such function added to your future release.

Being able to freely create and edit music playlists directly from the phone would be so sweet...... This inability to spontaneously manipulate playlist on the phone was major pain in the arse...nal when I first tried to get used to the music players from this phone. I installed and uninstalled many apps, looking for a player that allows me free manipulation of playlist like my dear itunes... (maybe I should have gotten iphone instead...)

To recap, I need some idiot-proof instruction on how to use the folder playlist function /and/ hopefully in your future release, I would have more control over the playlist.

Thanx.

Thanks for the detailed report.

Do you have toast message showing, like Scanned xx files in xx seconds?

Does it says it scanned more then 0 (zero) files?

PowerAMP Build 285 folders don't work with the sd cards having volume_id= 0 (this is technically wrong volume_id, but it seems to appear somehow for some users). You can solve this by copying your music and other data to computer, reformatting the card and copying everything back.

The volume_id issue was fixed for the next PowerAMP update.

Thanx.

Though I don't think I want to try that reformatting the sd card method... my playlists turned blank when I restarted my phone the other day...it was too much trouble retrieving my playlists afterwards. I'll just wait for your next update hoping this bug would be fixed by then.

Archived