Flac over the network

bajlek

Hi, I'm new and czech so don't take care about my english :-D I need to know how play FLAC files over the network.

For example I find flac files on my samba server with ES file explorer, but there is no way to play it by Poweramp, but I play it without problems if I copy that files to SD card.

Can anybody give me a trick how to play FLAC files over samba network?

I read in another thread that plans for version 3.0 of Poweramp include supporting DLNA. So, in the future you would be able to do this via DLNA.

With a custom rom and/or a rooted device, you could mount the samba share to the file system in your andriod device and point Poweramp to that directory.

Another option (which doesn't involve Poweramp at all) is to run squeezebox server (now known as Logitech Media Server) on your file server. On your andriod device, you would need squeezeplayer and either orange squeeze or squeeze controller. All of these apps can be purchased from the marketplace. Acutally, Logitech has a free squeezebox controller app in the marketplace too, so you would only have to pay for squeezeplayer. Like Poweramp, squeezeplayer will play FLAC gapless. It also plays gapless LAME mp3 files gapless.

I already had squeezebox server running since I own squeezebox hardware, so I didn't have to worry about that part.

I read in another thread that plans for version 3.0 of Poweramp include supporting DLNA. So, in the future you would be able to do this via DLNA.

Poweramp is powerfull toy and I have that I could bought it, very cheap but the player what I know, so I will be waitin for new release :-) Thanks for that information

You can do it know if your device has CIFS (SAMBA) support. Get a CIFS program and mount the directory, then point Poweramp at it. I do this with my tablet at home.

Thanks that Is what I need !

I just noticed that his new directory requester limits what you can select. He knows about this, and plans to fix it. You can still get around it, but you'll need to be careful where you put your "mount Point" for now. Your mount point needs to look like a SDcard location for now.

I'm OK, as I never changed my path. (you just can't select it for now)

Poweramp is powerfull toy and I have that I could bought it, very cheap but the player what I know, so I will be waitin for new release :-) Thanks for that information

Thanks that Is what I need !

You know that if you buy Poweramp once, you will get all the following updates for free right?

Archived