Replay Gain

baschinger

Hi!

ReplayGain like it's implemented in foobar2000. PreAmps can be set for tracks with and without RG-Info independently.

This way the Volume difference between tracks with and tracks without RG-Info can be minimized.

[attachment=1]foobar.preamps.png[/attachment]

Furthermore a smart selection of replay gain source would be nice. By smart I mean using track gain when listening to random playlists or shuffling over your entire music library and using album gain when listening to a single album.

[attachment=0]replaygain-override.png[/attachment]

Thanks and keep up the excellent work!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@ maxmpz

it would be great if replaygain could be implemented like baschinger suggests - you could also try to implement the foobar feature that let's you decide how to apply replaygain (apply, or apply and prevent clipping according to peak)

First just joined, so to maxmpz thanks for an excellent app, freed me up from carting a separate mp3 player around and now use my desire for tunes :D

As others have said (and to bump this again) RelayGain support would definitely make Poweramp the player for droid devices. I've spent some time trying other players and checking their forums for this as a future feature request, although it seems there are some difficulties to overcome (eg see this thread http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3434) - but the same was said of EQs! I'm no expert so have no idea if it can be achieved but for me it's top of the list.

I use Foobar for RG scanning after EAC/LAME rips, and would really love to see Poweramp support RG, and include a limiter similar to Foobar's Advanced Limiter DSP - not much to ask I know!

[sorry, slight hijack] misha0209 - just a suggestion, if you use Foobar try setting the RG processing option to "apply gain" only, and in DSP Manager add "Advanced Limiter" to the Active DSPs list - imho better way to manage peak than clipping prevention (I have Preamp set to +9 with RG, and 0 without - roughly based on my RG scan results, so try and see what works best)

@Thistle

hi,

thanks for the suggestion, believe it or not, "(I have Preamp set to +9 with RG, and 0 without - roughly based on my RG scan results, so try and see what works best)" i had the exact same settings before i changed my dsp chain to the one in the image, i kind of use the channel mixer to make 5.1 output with bass redirection (bass freak :P), and then remix it all back to stereo with matrix mixer. so i use apply gain and prevent clipping with a +14 amp (used +12 before the 1.1.6 foobar update, but the developer changed RG algorithm and tracks loose even more volume then before) to get absolute max volume before the info hits dsp chain, because the dsp chain has a drastic toll on volume...

anyway, it would be most AWESOME to have something similar to foobar's advanced limiter in Poweramp, to go along with the RG support!

Archived