Some songs not moving to Poweramp from folder.

Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

I have a folder in my files containing subfolders of songs I like to listen to. I created this folder specifically because Poweramp told me I couldnt use the downloads folder.

Anyway, all the songs succesfully moved to Poweramp except for one subfolder which should have moved 29 songs but that folder contained in Poweramp only has 14 songs. What happened here? What can I try to solve this? If I need to send pictures of anything please lmk.

Have you tried forcing another scan with Settings=>Library=>Full Rescan?

If the files themselves are not corrupted in some way, try copying them to a new subfolder (just use a slightly different name) and see if they are all picked up from there. If ths same ones are missing, check the files.

You are correct that Andrlod won't allow permission to be granted to system folders like Download.

Andre

I tried a full rescan and it didnt work. I tried creating and move songs to a new subfolder and it didnt work. But what do you mean by check the files, what exactly should I look for? At this point would it be a good idea to just ask the person I downloaded these songs from if they know about any corrupted tracks?

If you've copied (not moved) the files to a new subfolder location and the same songs still won't scan, then the files themselves may be the problem. Can you re-copy them from the original source files? Or upload one here for testing (upload directly from the problem folder on the phone).

Andre

• Solution

That file scans fine for me.

I assume your other files are longer than that though, as a 3 second file could be intentionally skipped due to the Settings=>Library=>Ignore Short Tracks option, which is designed to ignore unwanted notification tones, game sounds, etc. Set it to "Ignore" to scan all files, even short ones.

Andre