Playlist handling

Hi guys, I am actually struggling a little bit with playlist usage in PA, especially when driving. Please let me explain a bit: I have a NAS at home in my network with something around 55k mp3 files which are managed/sorted via MusicBee. Here I have created a playlist with "my favourites" I love to hear. My phone does NOT have all the 55k mps3 files stored but lots of my favourites as well as my "favourites" playlist. When I am in my car and I start playing music from my cell phone and I call up the playlist it is working until the first song is showing up which is NOT stored on the cell phone memory, which is basically a logical behaviour. PA is moaning that this file was not found and stops playing. I am not 100% sure but I thought I could remember earlier times where PA was simply skipping automatically and playing the next item of the playlist. Now it stops playing and I have to do a manual skip and press the play button again which is not very practical when driving. Looking for a setting feature to overcome this problem was not successful and deleting this entry out from the playlist is also not my goal since I am syncing the playlist back with the playlist used at home in MusicBee, so there is a compatibility problem between both. Is there any possibilty or idea to overcome this mismatch more efficiently???

Regards Thomas

PA will skip a few missing files, but if there are multiple files not present it will stop.

However having tested a Playlist with a few missing files (so songs are shown as greyed-out in the playlist list view) you are right that it does not skip the missing items as expected - mine has just frozen the app during testing in fact. 

Moved to Bug Reports.

[Edit] After rebooting my phone, it now works as expected - three missing files from an otherwise-correct playlist were skipped.

Andre

Andre