New Songs Not Being Recognized

Hello,

I am using the full version of Build 981 and I am on Android version 13. When I rip my CD's and upload them to my music folder, I then start a scan for new music. The folders are detected, the song names show, and the encoded file, such as Flac. But there is no time length of the song and I get messages as the program tried to play the song. It just says "Failed to Play." This happens whether it is MP3 or Flac. I don't know how to fix this. These are my CD's I am ripping.

I am also using Legacy Mode.

Any help would be appreciated.

Peter Costa

Edited by DriveMyAudio
Mistake

When you that the new songs are shown, do you mean you see just the filenames within folder lists, or is there extra embedded information for each one such as Song Title, Artist name, Album Title, etc? If there's no extra data then the filenames are being detected during the initial directory scanning stage, but when Poweramp goes back to try to read the audio and metadata content it is not available.

Could you check the files have copied over to your phone OK? If they seem correct, try a Full Rescan in PA Settings=>Library. If they are still not working, could you upload a sample file from the phone (not from the original computer source) for testing. Thanks.

On Android 13, I would normally suggest using the default file access system rather than Legacy Mode by the way, but if Legacy is otherwise working for you I wouldn't change it yet.

Andre