Can't see all albums by an album artist in search results

I have four albums in my library by with the Album Artist tag "The High Level Ranters." When I browse my library by Album Artist, all four albums appear as they should:

image.thumb.jpeg.b5d8768566877df2e921b962a2946bd9.jpeg

However, when I search my library for "The High Level Ranters," only three of the albums show up (below). As far as I can tell, the reason the fourth album doesn't show up under Albums is that unlike the other three albums, the fourth album only has "The High Level Ranters" as an Album Artist tag, while the other three have it as both an Album Artist tag AND an Artist tag. Is there a way to get the Album search category to index Album Artist tags, so that all of the albums by that Album Artist will appear when I search for the artist? The reason is that if I want to see all of the albums by a given Album Artist, it's much faster to search for that artist than it is to scroll through hundreds of Album Artists in the library and find it by browsing.

image.thumb.jpeg.780648fb8bb8d1043d244bfeb561e434.jpeg

For search results, make sure 'Album Artists' is enabled at the top of the search screen, then you should an Album Artists category within the results. But search is designed to search for the content of songs, and then it can display those songs using various criteria too.

Andre

Posted (edited)

@andrewilley thanks for the reply. I understand that search is designed to search the content of songs, but it's already searching more than Song Title, so it seems arbitrary that it would query the Artist tag but not the Album Artist tag. In other words, it seems reasonable to expect that when I search for "The High Level Ranters," I should see all the albums associated with that query, whether it's the Artist tag or the Album Artist tag.

Edited by Misenus

Personally, I would prefer if the Albums list was populated with appropriately 'Album Artist' tagged items only, falling back to just Artist if the track does not contain an Album Artist tag. 

Andre