Music library transfer

Hello everyone, first of all, Maxim, I love this app and I hated not being able to use it since I replaced my head unit in my car.

I have a large music collection in my car, on a 2 TB SSD drive.  it takes a long time to scan this into any music player, and I'd like to be able to do it on my phone at home overnight, and then transfer the music library to my car with the same device, same SSD is this possible?

Thanks

Lynwood

No. Well, not unless you use your phone to do the actual playing (via Bluetooth or Android Auto).

Best option would be to allow the full scan to complete, and then turn Auto-Scan off. That way at least it's not going to happen again next time you use the car.

Andre

I think, actually, it may have finished scanning yesterday after I asked that question.  I just left the car running, and locked when I ran in a few stores, lol.  So, you are saying that a music library created on my phone in Poweamp, cannot be copied over to Poweramp on my android head unit?  Thanks for the reply.

P.S.   Now, I have an issue with the forward and backward steering wheel controls that I never noticed before..they are backwards in Poweramp.  I got online today to see if Poweramp has its own button setups, and if so how to find them and change them.  🙂

Its nice to have Poweramp back, and playing my music again.. 

Correct, a library needs to be scanned on the current device, it contains local directory paths for each audio file.

Check in PA Settings=>Headset/Bluetooth=>Last Processed Commands to see what events your control buttons are generating. Poweramp will take action based on whatever it receives.

Andre