Cannot Export Settings

Hello,

I have problem in export the settings from Poweramp. I never had such an issue before. No update on android OS.

Please see screenshots.

screengrab-20240627-090155.png.9e27e008084995e6185f576692e68970.png

screengrab-20240627-090228.png.178c3d211f2e3cf7ef6d9c4d8c3662c7.png

Thank you
-Vassilis

21 hours ago, andrewilley said:

That normally happens when the system 'Files' app is not present, could that have been removed somehow?

Andre

thanks for the tip but no it hasn't change anything. I can access the file explorer and i also have X-PLORE PRO. I had this from the beginning so i have exported settings.

My android is a 2DIN for the car (not android car, normal android playstore). Do you have any other ideas ?

Also, is there any "nerd" way to backup my settings i have the songs and playlists on other folders i need the actuall settings which took me a while to set them right (especially the action when a playlist is done playing) ? Like copying a whole folder or something ?

Thanks
-Vassilis

@vassilis_ The system database is stored in a non user accessible location so you can't copy it without root. You need to use the official Export/Import feature.

Has this worked on this particular Android headunit before? They can be a law unto themselves, with modifications or system components removed that are considered unnecessary by the manufacturer.

Andre

Yes Andre, That was worked before. As i said i haven't upgrade androind (i can't do that by design) and nothing else on the configuration. the X-PLORE app was there before, i have exported settings before with no problem.

I will dig further on the permissions to see if i'm missing something.

Thank you for your help. I will come back with any findings.

-Vassilis

• 4 weeks later...

@vassilis_ Yes, you can install a more recent APK file on top of a Google-installed release of Poweramp without uninstalling first. You won't lose any settings, and the Play Store will still automatically provide any future updates as and when they get released there.

Andre