Using Android Auto with power amp

What's the proper way to of exit power amp when using Android Auto. When I turn off my car when power amp and restart my car I get that prompt about power amp wasn't shut turn correctly. What's the proper way?

Do you really mean Android Auto (which is where you run Poweramp on your phone, and that connects to a car headunit to allow you to listen to music while driving, with a minimal user-interface) or you do mean you have an Android headunit in you car, onto which you have installed Poweramp and you operate it entirely on the headunit?

Andre 

Right, so you are not using Android Auto, that was what was confusing me.

Car headunits (especially some of the 'no-name' Chinese products) can be a problem when it comes to shutdowns as they often do not issue recognised shutdown intents, or at least not with enough time for apps to exit clearly before the ignition rudely cuts the power. The safest option would probably be to stop playback and close the PA interface - i.e. go back back to the Android homescreen.

There was some discussion of this issue a while back here:

Andre

Actually using the Carluex, (via USB) plugged into my infotainment car unit. Don't have to use my phone data that way when playing my music.

So just stop power amp before shutting off my car?

@1speedman You first said you were using Android Auto, then that "Power amp is installed on my infotainment head unit, along with my music collection". I'm getting confused now. :)

So where is Poweramp and your music collection actually installed? And how is that device powered? If it's installed directly on the Carluex unit (which I believe is USB powered?) then I guess that the moment the car ignition cuts the USB voltage to that cable, the unit would simply die - there would be no time for anything to save its current state and shutdown tidily. 

By the way, and just FYI, using PA on a phone and outputting via Android Auto does not use any mobile phone data allowance, it's fully local.

Andre