Last song repeated on queue end

When I'm listening to a category (like an album) and reach the last song, I'd like to queue a song/some songs, and when the queue ends, playback should stop. However, when the last song in the queue stops, in this situation, the last song in the starting category plays again, and only then playback stops.

Is there any way to prevent this?

The only way I can think of to stop this would be to enable Settings=>Library=>Queue=>On Queue End>'Stay in Queue/Repeat Queue'. That would mean that after the Queue is finished, playback would not resume at the previous listening position but would instead stop on the final enqueued song.

The behaviour you describe is due to the way that 'Repeat Off' positions the playback cursor when you finish a Category, which is at the beginning of the final track of the album/folder/etc. So when the Queue finishes, if listening resumes where it left off, the stored position is at the start of that final song.

Ironically, this ties in very closely with another recent thread about the pause/resume position that gets set when 'Repeat Off' finishes a Category.

Andre