Support for "sort" metadata fields

I ALWAYS use sort titles, sort artists, sort albums on every song I have. It's useful when I'm listening to music in multiple languages: I can scroll through my library and see Aether Realm, Ningen Isu, Tvorozhnoye Ozero sorted all where they should be in my desktop music player. However, Poweramp is doing it wrong, and is putting my music out of order.

The problem is, Ningen Isu is really 人間椅子. Tvorozhnoye Ozero is Творожное озеро, and Aether Realm is actually Æther Realm - none of their starting characters is in the Latin alphabet. For scrobbling reasons, I can't change what's in the artist field without messing up my stats, so this is how they will stay. As far as Poweramp is concerned, each of these names is actually past Z, and it puts them all at the bottom in a lump. If Poweramp supported sort fields, it would immediately correct my entire library and make multilingual listening much less of a hassle.

*note that for my purposes, the most important one is album artist sort. if you implement this don't leave it out please

Currently "sort" tags are not read from audio files into the database. There is already an existing Feature Request for improved support for international character sets in general sorting (including pinyin support) which would include better handling of accented characters (e.g. so "Andre" would be sorted in the same way as "André").

I have just added support for "sort" tags (TSOT, TSOA, TSOP, TSO2, TSOC) if present into the Request too, as that is something that has come up multiple times in the past. You can vote for it here once your account is at least two days old.

Andre

Hi, I would like to request expanded sort-features too. I want Poweramp to ignore articles in several languages, i.e. a, the, der, die, das, le, la, les, los, las. It should be an option under library / list so that users can set up there individual preferences. My major at home software, Lyrion Music Server and MusicBee, has this. I also could do with an option to treat á or ä like a normal a or as something else.

Thank you for your consideration!