2Qs for car use - artist/title, volume

I have the unlocked Android version.

1) The artist and title frequently stop displaying in my car. If I go to Misc > Restore Defaults it fixes it temporarily. I haven't figured out whether it goes back to not working after an app update or something else.

2) The volume in my car is relative to the phone media volume setting and it is annoying. So, sometimes I have to set my car volume at 10 or at 20, but it is the same volume to my ears because of my phone media volume volume. Is there a setting in the app so it is not like that?

Bluetooth can be pretty unreliable when it comes to transferring metadata and cover artwork (data mostly works for me, artwork doesn't). There are a lot of factors at play, from the player app, to the phone, to the BT device, and the BT standard in use to link them.

First, if you are using DVC on the phone make sure you have BT Absolute Volume disabled in your phone's Developer Options. You can also try changing the BT AVRCP mode in there, and the codec, in case that makes a difference.

For plain BT in the car, I normally set the phone BT media output to 100% and control the listening level with the car's controls, but your mileage may vary.

You may also want to try Settings=>Album Art=>Always Send Album Art.

Andre