Jump to current directory / Continue playing there while in random mode

daniel.sun

Hello,

maybe someone can help me or can give me some useful hints.

I'm using Poweramp on my android radio and I have thousand of songs on my SD card - albums are in seperate Folders. Mostly, I play my songs randomly over all.

My Wish: I would appreciate it, if I can jump directly to a folder / continue playing the album/folder I'm currently in - if Poweramp plays a song/artist I prefer at this time.

I hope you'll understand what I mean.

thanks for your help

Daniel

1 hour ago, daniel.sun said:

My Wish: I would appreciate it, if I can jump directly to a folder / continue playing the album/folder I'm currently in - if Poweramp plays a song/artist I prefer at this time.

I hope you'll understand what I mean.

Sorry, not quite sure what you mean.

If you mean you want to finish listening to your current song and then temporarily listen to something else before returning to where you left off, you can do that by added the new item(s) to the Queue - or use the 'Play Next' button, which is really just a shortcut that means "Insert at Start of Queue".

If that's not what you mean, please could you provide a more detailed explanation?

Andre

29 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Sorry, not quite sure what you mean.

If you mean you want to finish listening to your current song and then temporarily listen to something else before returning to where you left off, you can do that by added the new item(s) to the Queue - or use the 'Play Next' button, which is really just a shortcut that means "Insert at Start of Queue".

If that's not what you mean, please could you provide a more detailed explanation?

Andre

Sorry, if it's not clear.

1) I start to play random songs - my whole directory with all subfolders are included.

2) Suddenly, it's playing a song, e.g. from Michael Jackson and I'm thinking "Hey, cool - I would like to continue with that album/folder which contains the actual song"

So I want to change from "Play everything in random order" to "please stay in the current folder wich contains the actual song" and stop that random thing - just continuing in the folder/album.

5 minutes ago, daniel.sun said:

So I want to change from "Play everything in random order" to "please stay in the current folder wich contains the actual song" and stop that random thing

Just tap the Shuffle icon on the Player screen until it turns off, and playback will revert to playing the current category in normal order. The Category used will be whatever you were in when you started the random playback in the first place - such as Folders, Albums, etc.

If the current Category is not what you want (maybe you started from the overall 'All Songs' list) you can switch to a different mode by long-pressing on the album art, select the Category type that you want from Artist/Album/Folder/Genre, and tap on the song title (or another one if you wish) to continue playback using that Category type instead. 

Andre

21 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Just tap the Shuffle icon on the Player screen until it turns off, and playback will revert to playing the current category in normal order. The Category used will be whatever you were in when you started the random playback in the first place - such as Folders, Albums, etc.

If the current Category is not what you want (maybe you started from the overall 'All Songs' list) you can switch to a different mode by long-pressing on the album art, select the Category type that you want from Artist/Album/Folder/Genre, and tap on the song title (or another one if you wish) to continue playback using that Category type instead. 

Andre

Thanks a lot - I will try it later.