Question/Request - Exact Frequency Visualizer

Go to solution Solved by maxmp,

Hi,

Not sure if this is just a feature I have yet to find but in the event it doesn't exist...is there a way to work on a Visualizer for each frequency band?  I have noticed that the default visualizer doesn't "visualize" each individual frequency that I have tuned. It would be extremely helpful when tuning the sound.

If this feature does exist, please point me in the right direction.

• Solution

Do you mean frequencies you use for bands? Something close can be possible, but it can’t match it accurately as resolution of audio data android provides for the visualization is very low (esp. around basses), and also the visualization is heavily pre-multiplied to a specific set of coefficients so it looks better and more even. If we’ll pass a raw data to visualizer, we’ll always have few bass bands on almost max, and other frequencies barely moving. This is because typical music has the most energy in low frequencies.

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

Do you mean frequencies you use for bands? Something close can be possible, but it can’t match it accurately as resolution of audio data android provides for the visualization is very low (esp. around basses), and also the visualization is heavily pre-multiplied to a specific set of coefficients so it looks better and more even. If we’ll pass a raw data to visualizer, we’ll always have few bass bands on almost max, and other frequencies barely moving. This is because typical music has the most energy in low frequencies.

I see.  Of course as my luck would have it, I am particularly trying to fine tune the low frequencies.  I guess if one day you guys are bored with nothing to do, it would be interesting to see if this helpful this feature can be. Thanks.