Need help playing all music in one parent folder

On my ATT Skyrocket my file structure is as follows:

/sdcard/external_sd/Music:

• /Edited Music

--------------------------------------------/(Album Artist)

------------------------------------------------------/(Album Title)

----------------------------------------------------------------/(Track)

• /Unedited Music

---------------------------------------------------/(Album Artist)

-------------------------------------------------------------/(Album Title)

------------------------------------------------------------------------/(Track)

How can I get Poweramp to shuffle and play ALL music located under the (..../Edited Music) parent folder?

Ok the "Folders" tab doesn't seem like it's doing what I expected it to do. Select or play music at the parent/child folder level.

ie. you can't select a user created folder containing music, and play it..

Playerpro has a proper "Folders" selection mode but the sound quality sucks and they don't support gap-less playback or cross-fading.

Please Please Please add a true "Folders" selection option, Please!

navigate to the desired folder, long press the folder, in context menu select shuffle icon. Viola!

Yeah but you cant navigate to the parent folders, only sub-folders containing the actual music files.

I have all my edited (clean) music in one parent folder named "edited music".

That folder contains 15 sub-folders with album artist names and in each sub-folder I have folders created and named with the "Album Title".

The "Album Title" sub-folder contains the tracks.

then change your default music folder to "/sdcard/external_sd/Music" itself, not checking both edited and unedited

btw, i'd like to complain something on this part.

why the SHUFFLE is the only option for playing every songs in a parent folder

why i have to create stupid playlists or care about ID3 tags to listen an artist's discography in order?

(i don't want to use queuing whatever list in this case)

my previous MP3 player(which is file-tree-based-one. it was awesome) has only three options on repeating

1.repeat this track,

2.repeat this folder,

3.repeat this folder including subfolders.

and worked perfect

'advance the list'? hell no! i never make any lists!

then change your default music folder to "/sdcard/external_sd/Music" itself, not checking both edited and unedited

My default music folder is "/sdcard/external_sd/Music" with sub-folders "Edited Music" and "Unedited Music"

You don't understand. Folder mode is NOT true folder mode in Poweramp.

All folder mode allows you to do is choose a album located in a folder.

My default music folder is "/sdcard/external_sd/Music" with sub-folders "Edited Music" and "Unedited Music"

You don't understand. Folder mode is NOT true folder mode in Poweramp.

All folder mode allows you to do is choose a album located in a folder.

I don't get it. I have a lot of parent folders without actual music in them but with multiple sub-folders under them (in which i keep music) and i can select any parent folder and shuffle music from sub folders under that specific parent-folder. Maybe YOU don't get it. You need to LONG PRESS the parent folder itself, have you tried that?

EDIT: Maybe oif you try making both "edited music" and "unedited music" your default folders (you can have multiple you know).

Good luck anyway!

btw, i'd like to complain something on this part.

why the SHUFFLE is the only option for playing every songs in a parent folder

why i have to create stupid playlists or care about ID3 tags to listen an artist's discography in order?

(i don't want to use queuing whatever list in this case)

my previous MP3 player(which is file-tree-based-one. it was awesome) has only three options on repeating

1.repeat this track,

2.repeat this folder,

3.repeat this folder including subfolders.

and worked perfect

'advance the list'? hell no! i never make any lists!

I don't get this either, maybe I misunderstand? when you long press a folder, there is a play icon next to the shuffle icon, just press it and power amp will play all sub folders through without shuffling.

If you don't mind could you post a pic of your folder screen?

Maybe I'm missing something or we're not talking about the same thing.

First try this!

enter folder list -> hardware menu button -> list options -> check "view as Hierarchy".

did it help?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived