Lists not ordered correctly (or the way I would like it)

neil.prasad

Hi,

I'm a new Android user and new Poweramp user. I've tried many alternatives over the past week or two and Poweramp seems to be by far the cleanest, smothest music experience. Congrats on a great piece of software!

There are just two things that are bugging me a little bit and they have to with ordering of songs. (I'm sorry if this post gets confusing from here but its not that easy to explain!).

When you order a list by title its seems to do - Symbols > # > A-Z and it does not ignore opening brackets. So for example my Albums list appears:

(What's the Story) Morning Glory by Oasis

...And Justice For All by Metallica

1984 by Van Halen

The A Team by Ed Sheeran

Absolution by Muse

I think the correct way to order this list (which is the way an iPod/iPhone does it) would be to ignore symbols completely and start with the first letter of the first word. Also to order it A-Z > # rather than # > A-Z.

Secondly, in the 'All Songs' list it does not ignore words like 'The' and 'A' so tracks like "A Groovy Kind of Love by Phil Collins" will appear under the "A" section rather than "G". This is not consistent with the behaviour shown in the 'Artists' or 'Albums' view where an album such as "The Battle of Los Angeles by RATM" will appear under "B" (quite correctly).

All this would change my list above to:

The A Team by Ed Sheeran

Absolution by Muse

...And Justice For All by Metallica

***All albums from A-W*** then....

(What's the Story) Morning Glory by Oasis

*** All albums from W-Z*** then...

1984 by Van Halen

Anyway, I'm sure that was as clear as mud! I wonder what the other forum goers think and whether you could add this behaviour to sort lists? I appreciate your time.

Archived