NEED my easy folder view back! Pleease!

swrives

Before 2.0, you could be listening to an album(folder) and, with a long-press on the title/counter, you could go back to the folder list and switch to another album. Now that long-press brings up Artist/Album/Folder pop-up. Pressing "folder" takes you to the CURRENT folder. Then, you can hit "folder" again, or press the top of the screen, and it will finally take you to the list.

The best way I can figure out to get back to the list in 2.0 is to hit the MENU key(Droid x) then hit Folders. At any rate, it's become more of a chore to switch folders, especially for someone, like me, who does most of their listening while driving..

This, and the problem with the albumart.jpg files not showing up, makes going from the old, nearly flawless, Poweramp to 2.0 pretty disappointing. I'm sure the albumart bug will be fixed, but I REALLY hope you can streamline the folder switching.

Maybe an option to go back to the old long-press method?

Or is there something I'm missing??

Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback. Right, long press on song info now has extra 3 lists instead of the parent folders list. I will think about adding extra parent folders option for this.

As for jpegs in folders - this hasn't been changed, but you may need to reset PowerAMP album cache in PowerAMP Album art options.

Thanks!

Hey, Max. Thanks for the reply. Yes, PLEASE consider it. I think being able to switch from one album to another, on the fly, is something that is kind of important in a media player.

As for the album art, I have tried "delete album art cache" a few times. It doesn't change anything. I have albumart.jpgs in every one of my folders and they all worked perfectly before the update. The art shows up on the player screen but not in the folder list.

Archived