search based on id3 tag

Fabrizio

Hi,

I would like to be able to search songs according to what's in their id3 tags. In particular, I use the comments field in id3 tags (which is not editable in Poweramp v2.0, by the way) to store my own tags and create (dynamically autogenerate on my pc, manually maintain on Poweramp so far) playlists based on them.

Being able to filter on strings contained in comment field of id3 tags would be very useful to me.

Thanks,

Fabrizio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi,

I would like to be able to search songs according to what's in their id3 tags. In particular, I use the comments field in id3 tags (which is not editable in Poweramp v2.0, by the way) to store my own tags and create (dynamically autogenerate on my pc, manually maintain on Poweramp so far) playlists based on them.

Being able to filter on strings contained in comment field of id3 tags would be very useful to me.

Thanks,

Fabrizio

THIS EXACTLY. I haven't found a way to view, edit, or search certain metadata (remixer, bpm, key, etc), and if I could search comments I could just put that information in the comments and search/create playlists that way. This feature would be so useful! Please, please make this happen. Outstanding player btw. Thank you for your hard work thus far.

Archived