Fatal "no reshuffle" option flaw when adding/editing songs

TBAce11

I'd like to begin this topic by thanking Max MP for resolving the shuffle reset issue every time I clicked on a song in a list that was driving me mad. However, the implementation of the "no reshuffle" option came with a frustrating problem that I've been noticing three shuffles in a row around the 400th song of the list. Indeed, Poweramp somehow managed to play the remainder of a specific album consecutively, which constitutes 14 songs in a row, and kept doing so with other albums a few songs later despite the "Shuffle All Available Songs" option in effect. This issue didn't make any sense whatsoever to me since some albums with more than one song didn't showcase the same problem while being played by the shuffle beforehand. I thought this had to be some kind of persistent bug triggered at a specific position in the shuffle regardless of the user's preferences until I remembered that I applied the "no reshuffle" setting a few weeks ago and I was continuously updating my music library (stored in a cloud and automatically updated on my phone's hard drive if this helps) ever since. With a few trials and errors using the "Shuffle All Available Songs" option and a quick overview of the new shuffle at the same position (400th song) where the problem occurred three times, everything proved to be working perfectly well this time, which only meant one thing:

Everytime my music library was updated by adding/upgrading songs from the same album, Poweramp moved them to a random position in the same shuffle, but as a stack that never got dispersed with the "Shuffle All Available Songs" option since the "no reshuffle" setting was still in effect, meaning these related songs were bound to be played consecutively despite changing my shuffle preferences.

With the problem identified, i tried coming up with my own troubleshooting methods, which consisted of deactivating the "no-reshuffle" setting and playing with the Shuffle options while adding songs of a unique album, but to no avail since either the problem persisted, with the shuffle remaining intact, or a brand new and fixed shuffle was created, which completely destroys and resets the progress made in the library and my music experience as a whole. This being said, I love Poweramp to the point that the application was my first purchase on Google Play and I really don't want to part ways with it since I never looked back ever since I have it. However, I please urge you guys to find a fix for this music library update issue that clashes with the shuffle's efficency since it briefly, but effectively ruins my experience with Poweramp as soon as I add or update an entire album. Anything could help, from an option that forbids the shuffle from playing the same artists until a certain # of songs is played to a dynamic shuffle that scrambles all the remaining unplayed songs from the library once the latter has been updated, keeping the same shuffle position in the process.

• Poweramp build number: Builds 856-660
  • Device model; Pixel 3
  • Android version: 10

Thanks for the feedback/report. Yes, in "no reshuffle" mode Poweramp doesn't implicitly reshuffle any new/added songs unless new reshuffle session is explicitly started. I will try to tweak this for the future builds by adding some default shuffle order for the new songs.

Thank you very much Max. The feature itself isn't the problem now that the shuffle works like a dream, it's just the fact that the batch of new songs that Poweramp automatically scans after some updates in the library is randomly assigned to a specific place so that all these new songs are stuck together, which is even more obvious when they're part of the same album. Find a way to classify and separate them one by one and you'll hit the nail on the head.

Archived