[PowerAmp 2.x]Cannot play Folder(and subfolders as playlist)

ysaliens

I have installed and LOVE the new Beta 2.x of Poweramp. I've been a longtime PoweAmp user ever since it came out. However, on the new Beta I have either discovered a bug or a major feature was removed/moved.

On Poweramp 1.x I could navigate the folders and when I like a folder I could open it, long press on it and play it (Using Play All). Poweramp would then Play anything in this folder and all folders included within the folder I chose.

This allowed me to keep my music collection EASILY organized by styles and Poweramp was easy to use.

On the 2.x beta, I no longer seem to be able to play a folder. I long press on a folder, Poweramp 2.0 opens the menu but there is NO "Play All". As a result, I cannot play anything in a folder. I can long press on a folder and click "Enqueue" and it will put all the music into a queue but Poweramp then starts skipping everywhere as soon as I hit next when I'm bored with a song. Furthermore, I can NEVER clear the queue so the more stuff I put into it, the bigger it gets (it gets very big VERY fast). Am I being an idiot? I went through ALL the options it seems and there's nothing about just playing a folder and its subfolders (treating it basically like a playlist).

If I'm not being an idiot and that option was indeed moved somewhere, can someone tell me where it went? It's a major feature, for me anyway.

Any help is appreciated. I think I will be downgrading to 1.x since I basically cannot use the player as I do not have any music navigation without the folders.

Thanks for the feedback.

I assume, you referred to hierarchy folder mode, right? In PowerAMP v1.x, "play all" means "in the selected list play first available song". In PowerAMP v2.0 I removed some redundant (as I think) menu items. Basically, for lists like albums, plain folders, playlists, etc, there is no any benefit in having "play all", as it's absolutely the same as going into the list and clicking the first song in there (same numbers of clicks).

For hierarchy folders though, the first song can be in a some deep folder, thus "play all"/"shuffle" actions can be really useful in this mode, as it reduces number of clicking.

Let me know if you meant exactly this (hierarchy mode).

You are indeed correct. I did mean hierarchy mode.

Here are a few examples:

/Music/Techno/

This folder will now have Dubstep, House, Electro, Progressive. In each of those folders are folders of the albums with the actual music files. In Poweramp 1.x I was able to long press on the Techno folder and select "Play All" from the menu. It would then play EVERYTHING in that folder and all its subfolders. The behavior is that it would put all of that into a playlist and will just play that. I LOVED that feature about Poweramp. It made navigating music so easy and pleasant as even friends who have never touched my phone would figure everything out within one minute.

Now it's gone and I really don't wanna re-organize the 45GB of music residing on my Android phone. Can you please re-introduce it in the next 2.x beta build?

Would be much appreciated.

Also, thank you for the quick reply.

PS:

LIMITATION of current Poweramp 2.x:

I understand I can just go deep down into one of the folders in my example (suppose Progressive) and pick a file. As I understand it, the current Poweramp 2.0 behavior is that it plays files in that folder but does not go up from that folder. If I set it to go up from the folder, it starts going everywhere as it starts going into folders that are not at all part of the "Techno" tree. This behavior is expected as I did not tell the program to only go up to Techno at all. With Poweramp 1.x, I basically cut it so it goes from Techno DOWN and is limited by the amount of subfolders of Techno. With Poweramp 2.x, it is confused how far up it should go and I think that's a good reason to re-introduce the old option back. It was very useful to people like me and very convinient :)

Archived