Must resync on every reboot

rennesty

I'm brand new here so I'm not sure if this is an isolated case or perhaps has already been submitted.

I never had any issues with Poweramp until I purchased a Motorola E5 (now on Android 8). All of the features work fine, but anytime the phone is rebooted, the music library folder (mine is on an SD card) that had been previously been selected and scanned no longer has a check next to it, and if you try to play something there is an error message that the file cannot be found.

To fix it, I have to go back in and select the folder again, which initiates a full re-scan (which takes a while, of course).

It doesn't seem to be an issue with the card or the mounting of it's file system, it simply appears that Poweramp is un-selecting the default folder on reboot.

Perhaps Poweramp is looking for the directory before the OS is mounting it?

Not a huge issue, I'm just wondering if it's only me with the problem as I've had this phone and issue for about 4 months now.

TIA

2 hours ago, rennesty said:

It doesn't seem to be an issue with the card or the mounting of it's file system, it simply appears that Poweramp is un-selecting the default folder on reboot.

Could you for testing purposes create a music folder on internal memory, choose it and then reboot, to see whether this really isn't an issue with the SD card ?

Archived