True Hi-Res spectrum analyzer

Chuey72

3 hours ago, Chuey72 said:

It would be nice if the spectrum analyzer display showed the full Hi-Res musical bandwidth. It currently shows from about 50Hz-190,000Hz, but is missing the bottom octaves - as Hi-Res music WILL play as low as 1Hz...

I'm afraid milkdrop won't be able to do this. After all this is NOT a TRUE spectrum analyzer, but a visualization, designed for recreational rather than scientific purposes.

But you are free to find or write a better milkdrop preset. If you find one, put it into the directory and rescan the presets, then you can use it.

My favourite one is the built-in "spectrum-centered-wide". I don't know its lower boundary for sure, but when I play a frequency sweep it already responds when the frequency is too low for me to hear, so that would mean at least as low as 20 Hz or so.

I don't know the milkdrop interface. But if it gets or makes a fast fourier transform to get the spectrum ( and what else should it do ? ) then we can expect the lowest area to contain all frequencies from zero upward.  It would depend on the graphics of the chosen preset whether this is shown of course.

017201942223.jpg

017201942348.jpg

01720195257.jpg

01720195749.jpg

Archived