Issue regarding Shuffle (Ver. 814, Motorola G5S Plus XT1801, Android 8.1 1-october-2018 build)

hAcK.NL

First post, so please bear with me. ;)

Alright, I tried to do some research on this forum before posting but the previously reported bugs regarding shuffle play seem to concern something else than what I'm experiencing. Hence this new post.

Picture this scenario: I have several different albums worth of MP3-files on my phone, some by the same artist. Now, say that there are 3 albums by the same artist: a regular studio album, a live recording and a best of. In this case the same song is present on all of those albums, but is a different recording. As in, same title+artist but a different performance. It could even be possible that a different artist (and thus a different album) performs the same song. So, there could be 4 versions of the same song.

Now, in actuality I have a large collection of albums on my phone with many 'duplicate songs'. As in, the same song on a different albums. And I play this entire collection on full shuffle play.

With Poweramp 2, I would get what I would expect (I assume). But it seems that in Poweramp 3, when such a song is played of which there are multiple versions, it often (if not always) plays all these versions of that song consecutively. I have to skip past several (if not all) to get to the 'actual next song'. With bonus CD's that usually contain many remixes of the same song, this gets kind of annoying, as you can probably imagine. ;)

Is this a known problem? Can I do something about this? Or might this be a bug that needs fixing?

Archived