Shuffle Artist / Album Artist not working

MataRatos

I have latest Poweramp (V3) and a Asus Zenfone 3 ZE520KL with android 8.0.0. Poweramp works fine, even Hi-Res output.

I was using V2, then stopped and started using Google Play Music with local music files. Don't ask why, I can't remember why I stopped using PA… Then tried Neutron Player, but found it very confusing... Then started using PA again once and a while besides Play Music, but I couldn't find that it had much better sound quality than Google Play Music (I believe GPM had some update and started using Open SL, that's why the sound quality increased), and now that I found how to setup PA sound correctly, returned to PA.

But GPM had a feature I really liked: Artist Shuffle. I could select one artist, and all songs from that artist shuffled. PA is not doing that… And I believe it's a bug, because if I shuffle All Songs, it will really shuffle between all songs I have, even if I skip tracks.

If I press the Shuffle button (lower left corner) in a Album Artist, it will start with a random song, but then ONLY play songs inside that album, it won't continue shuffling songs from the same Artist, only from the same Album.

Has anyone also noticed it?

There's another thread where a couple people reported shuffle issues.  I think this was one.  My favorite it that I can't shuffle albums in a genre anymore.

Is there a way to roll back to a previous version to see if / when a feature used to work?

3 hours ago, Tallguy said:

There's another thread where a couple people reported shuffle issues.  I think this was one.  My favorite it that I can't shuffle albums in a genre anymore.

Is there a way to roll back to a previous version to see if / when a feature used to work?

I've made already a search about shuffle issues, but couldn't find any similar to mine, so I made this post.

I hope there will be a fix for this. PA so far is really impressive. It's a bit difficult to find the best audio settings, but after some search I think I managed it.

On 12/9/2018 at 10:47 AM, MataRatos said:

I've made already a search about shuffle issues, but couldn't find any similar to mine, so I made this post.

I hope there will be a fix for this. PA so far is really impressive. It's a bit difficult to find the best audio settings, but after some search I think I managed it.

Sorry, that wasn't meant to be the usual "Hey!  Why are you posting this here?"  Just agreement.

I'll give it a shot with the latest.

Archived