Delay between pause and stop

LordGSama

There is a 500ms (approximately) delay between when I press the Pause button and the music actually stops. The exact sequence is: press Pause, music continues as though I pressed nothing for 500ms, music abruptly stops.

There is also a shorter delay (it is harder to detect and less annoying) between pressing play on a stopped track and the music starting as well as lifting my finger after seeking and the music actually starting. This delay seems to be more of a fade than an abrupt start and stop as described above.

I have played with the crossfade settings and have determined that setting the "Play/pause/stop fade length" setting and the "Fade play/pause/stop" setting do not seem to have any effect at lengths below 500ms regardless of whether "Fade play/pause/stop" is enabled or disabled.

I'm quite confident that this was not present in v2 as I find it incredibly annoying and certainly would have noticed it. I suspect a 50ms delay would be essentially unnoticeable and very much hope that that functionality can be corrected/restored. The delay on Pause and the delay on Seek are more noticeable than the delay on Play.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android 6.0.1 and Build 805 of the Full Version.

Please let me know if I can provide any more information or test anything.

Thanks

Thank you for the response. I have set all the outputs to default and the delay is still present. However, when I set the output to "Hi-Res Output", the delay seems to disappear or at least become imperceptible. I'd like to thank you for bringing these Output options to my attention. The "Hi-Res Output" greatly increases the sound quality and removes the static that has been a source of irritation to me for the last 4 years.

Please let me know what else you'd like me to try. I think it might be useful to know that the delay was present for OpenSL ES Output and AudioTrack Output but not present for Hi-Res Output. All the outputs use their default settings.

Thanks

Archived