Random Album!

This is a fantastic program. It's sleek and beyond functional. I especially like that it supports gapless playback, which for some reason even the Winamp app just doesn't.

The one missing feature is the ability to advance to a random album. I'm actually surprised that it's not available. MortPlayer (which is free) does this beautifully. I'm even more surprised that it isn't included in the To Do list for Poweramp. It's the one thing that's keeping me from buying the program right away. (I'm still thinking about it.)

I tend to use my Android for listening to albums on long road trips so this feature would be very nice so I wouldn't be forced to listen to all my albums in order every time. If I knew for a fact that folder shuffling would be included in future update I'd purchase the program right now and gladly wait.

Thanks for the feedback/request.

If you mean Shuffle by list, i.e. just album/other list is shuffled, but song order is the same inside the album - this is planned feature for PowerAMP v2.0.

Note that PowerAMP treats almost any list as "album", not just albums, but also folders, artists, playlists, genres, etc., thus it will be able to shuffle by any of these lists.

Awesome, that's exactly what I'm hoping for! I'll definitely be purchasing.

One more question: I like the option to resume playback on inserting headphones, especially since the program stops the music when the headphones are removed and my Android has a loose connector. Is there or will there also be an option to also prevent the music from stopping when headphones are removed?

Archived