Musicians' practice features

OK, I'm a musician, and Poweramp is REALLY the best out there for plugging into my practice amp and playing along.

But, AS a musician, there are certain features I'd LOVE to see in a music player that I cannot find anywhere: here are the big three:

• The ability to slow down a piece of music without changing its key so I can learn a passage at a slow speed and then gradually move it back to its real tempo
    The ability to tweak the "key" of a piece of music without changing its speed so that it's in the same key as my instrument - how many times have a I queued up four or five MP3s, perfectly tuned my bass, and then found that none of them are exactly tuned, neither with my bass nor with each other!
    The ability to loop a section of a piece of music to play along till its perfect.
    The ability to have any mix of these three facilities active at any one time.

Sooooo... what are the chances, and how do we go about this?

Martin Bartlett

Hi,

Obviously I cannot answer your questions but I just wanted to input my following replies.

The ability to slow down a piece of music without changing its key so I can learn a passage at a slow speed and then gradually move it back to its real tempo

You mean Playback Speed (tempo/pitch adjusting), was already requested: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=856

The ability to tweak the "key" of a piece of music without changing its speed so that it's in the same key as my instrument - how many times have a I queued up four or five MP3s, perfectly tuned my bass, and then found that none of them are exactly tuned, neither with my bass nor with each other!

the developer would definitely know this one.

The ability to loop a section of a piece of music to play along till its perfect.

Do you mean A-B repeat, see my older request: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=478

Oooooh - well seems "Audio Speed Changer" can do speed control and A-B loops - but it would still be great to integrate that functionality in Poweramp. And, frankly, of the three, pitch changing is the more important - because with the other two I'd normally be working on a single piece for a while so Audio Speed Changer is a good solution, but for play-along playlists pitch changing would be the bee's knees!

Archived